Onkyo pro and power advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmstpierre

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody is using the new onkyo pr sc 5509 processor and the 9 channel amp with Martin Logan speakers.
I can get it as a kit for $4550 Australian dollars and it seems a good deal, but afraid the amp may not be up to powering the theos ( I can bi amp the theos too). If you guys reckon it won t be up to the job I ll bet a anthem receiver with the A2 amp( no bi amping there though)
Any advice are always welcomed.
Regards
John

That will be a killer setup, I say go for it you will be in HT heaven. Back in the days starting out I had an onkyo 607 with source se and matinee and it was awesome. The clinical sound of onkyo really works with ML

The onkyo will do pre outs. So later you can always add a stereo amp for the theos if you want. I have the pre/pro integra 80,2 one year earlier model then yours and I am quite happy. Audyssey xt 32 does a great job integrating the sound for a home theater. There is a sticky on set up for Martin Logan's in this forum.

J

HI MATE
thanks for your reply.i am glad to hear that this would drive the theos well.I was actually thinking of getting a pair of emotiva xpa1 as they seem pretty cheap with a receiver but two things really got me thinking twice.one i live in australia so total price is not deer but not as interesting as the us and longevity.if there cheap, m not sure they will last the distance..m not sayong they are not good, m sure they are good products, but at such a price, cost cutting must have happened somewhere..
like i said previously, there is also the anthem receiver and a2 power amp that falls in that price bracket. i like the idea of having an all north american system..and on the same token , m a bit weird, but do not like to mix and match too much.if i get a brand i like to get the rest of it, like an anthem set up, or onkyo kit..
regards
john

Back