My project listening session (local)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrumpetDoug

Reaction score
Hey all Chicago area ML folks!!!

Some of you might remember that I have been working on a recording project for the past 2 1/2 years. I have completed the project and just received the mastered (3rd time) tracks. Was wondering if any of you guys with big ears would be into taking a listen to a couple of the cuts? I would treasure the thought!!:bowdown:

I know it's short notice, but I could hold the session at my house in Arlington, this Sat. afternoon or Sun. afternoon, or both. It has been a focus of mine to make this project one that would appeal to an audiophile as well as musicians and the general public.

I'll take all comers and buy lunch and drinks after.

Would 1:00 work? Either day?

BTW I also finished a music video for one of the tunes. A PR firm from Chicago has picked up the entire project and is handling the release, so I will keep you all posted.

Doug - out

Hey! I'm new around here, but I'm interested in what you're doing. What kind of music are you making over there?

Full length cd. 5 tracks are tunes that lyrically pay tribute to our armed forces. Adult contemporary in nature. 3 tracks that are high energy instrumentals.

To pay homage to the audiophile comm. I re-worked Pressure Cooker, from the Sheffield Labs recording, Thelma Houston and the Pressure Cooker Band.
To my knowledge that tune has not been redone, so quite a honor for me to do.

The invite is still open to anyone from the ML community for tomorrow afternoon.

Doug - out

Doug, that sounds interesting. I missed it but would enjoy hearing it sometime soon. Please email or call me if you get a chance.

Sorry I missed it Doug.
Cherian and I are planning on going to the Green Mill on May 7th to see Patricia Barber.
If your interested let us know.
Always a good show.

Hey Guys,

Perhaps I will do the listening session again sometime. It will be made available soon for download or hard copy, which ever you prefer.
I think the mastering is complete, I just thought I would have a couple different points of view from people outside the project. As I have been involved so long in this, you start to loose focus on things.

Patricia Barber sounds good. I Just played a date with her longtime bass player Mike Arnopol. Her new guy on the bass chair, Larry Kohut is fantastic as well. Worked with him on the Kimo Williams project.

Doug - out

Back