Photo Shoot of Shaun Hopper (FINGERSTYLE GUITAR) Performance

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
Shot these photos this past Saturday at one of our local Smokehouse and Oyster Bar called Skippers that’s been around forever. Shaun Hopper (FINGERSTYLE GUITAR) was performing solo and also with additional artists during the concert. Man, can Shaun play a guitar (WOW), I even ordered his CD. The equipment I used was the Canon 5D MKII with the Canon 70-200 2.8L glass. With this combo I used no flash. Hope you enjoy the images.

Shaun-Hopper-at-Skippers-4-14-2012-A.jpg

Shaun-Hopper-at-Skippers-4-14-2012-B.jpg

Shaun-Hopper-at-Skippers-4-14-2012-C.jpg

Shaun-Hopper-at-Skippers-4-14-2012-E.jpg

Shaun-Hopper-at-Skippers-4-14-2012-G.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous photography! Thanks for sharing these pics. I might have to buy the CD after having only SEEN him play :)

Nice shots, George! Especially under very difficult lighting conditions. I own that same lens -- it is awesome. I just upgraded to the 5D MKIII and I highly recommend it, especially for shoots like this one. The low light capabilities are two or more stops above what the MKII can accomplish. ISO 6400 on the MK III looks better than ISO 1600 on the MK II. Plus, the autofocus system is so much better. And the ergonomics are improved a little as well. I am very happy with the improvements.

Last edited:
Nice shots, George! Especially under very difficult lighting conditions. I own that same lens -- it is awesome. I just upgraded to the 5D MKIII and I highly recommend it, especially for shoots like this one. The low light capabilities are two or more stops above what the MKII can accomplish. ISO 6400 on the MK III looks better than ISO 1600 on the MK II. Plus, the autofocus system is so much better. And the ergonomics are improved a little as well. I am very happy with the improvements.

Ya, I plan on upgrading to the MKIII sometime late summer as I have to replace 3 MKIIs when I do. That's a lot of dough! :eek1:

Ya, I plan on upgrading to the MKIII sometime late summer as I have to replace 3 MKIIs when I do. That's a lot of dough! :eek1:

Yep, that is a lot of dough. Sell those Mk II's to help finance the purchase. I got $1600 for mine.

George, based on your change in avatar did you trade one of the trucks for a Shelby?

Yup, sold my SVT Lightning and placed a order for a 2013 Shelby GT500. Expect delivery mid to late summer. Time is going by slowly since I ordered.

Back