Martin Logan introduces VaporSound™ Transparent Technology

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
April 1st or not, the concept gets my imagination going. The weak spot in the presentation is the mythical spongy soft transparent material. And no way to dampen the back wave, and the list goes on.

Here is my idea, a stator so micro that it's no more vision inhibiting than an insect screen.

It could even look sort of like Frit glass.

http://www2.dupont.com/SafetyGlass/en_US/whats_new/sentry_glass_bowling_green.html
subway_canopy_frit_1000x665.jpg

subway_canopy_bolted_1000x665.jpg

You have to think real small first before you can think this big.

Of course alcohol may help in the initial concept phase.

If MartinLogan play its cards right, they could become an auto OEM supplier in a BIG WAY..................Mover over Bose................I imagine if Bose knew about this tech it would not set well with them.

Why stop at cars, one could apply this tech to flat screen TVs too.

Quite cool...
This should eliminate the bulge in doors due to the speaker. Probably a car designers wet dream.

Every glass covered photo or painting would be a speaker. Every window in my extension living room would be a surround speaker. Every mirror in my bathrooms. Heck my windows facing my pool!!!! :music: Of course the NSA would figure out a way to turn them all into microphones. :mad:

Of course the NSA would figure out a way to turn them all into microphones. :mad:
Don't need to Vaporsound the windows to do that: Sound in the room (e.g. conversations) causes the window to vibrate microscopically, and one can bounce a laser off of the window and convert the reflected beam back into the original sounds. The technology has been around for many years and is why very high security installations have no windows and/or prohibit classified discussion in windowed rooms.

Back