Adding a Theta digital to my ML system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoc

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Anyone used a Theta Digital Casablanca III with ML speakers in a home theatre? I am considering going this route since it looks like Lexicon is tanking the MP-20 project which is what I was considering.
Rest of system includes Pass XP-30, XA-100.5, X-3, CLXs, Stage, EFX and Descent-i (2), Oppo BDP-95, Esoteric P0-3/D0-3/G-ORb, UX-01Pi, Meridian Sooloos, Bryston BDP-1/BDA-1 Logitech Transporter, and Running Springs Audio Maxim and Dmitri conditioners.
Regards
Lawrence

Wow let's us know. What you think, i am a lex user with the MC12eqv5 and love it no need for mr to upgrade it has all i need. Good luck with your new venture.

I would not go with anything without HDMI and a good room correction system in place

Forgot to mention, the Casablanca III is the HD version with HDMI 1.4 inputs. It will have the Dirac room correction feature available in June but can be manually adjusted for starters.

Forgot to mention, the Casablanca III is the HD version with HDMI 1.4 inputs. It will have the Dirac room correction feature available in June but can be manually adjusted for starters.
I'd be cautious with that June Dirac date. A friend who's travelling this same path was told by his Theta dealer a couple of days ago that it may be more like years end. Could simply be noise in the system, but then again Theta's recent history of meeting schedule commitments has been shaky. FWIW, Dirac just rolled out their Dirac Live software in beta ("Pre-Release") form this past week. Dunno if this, newer version is the one Theta plans to license.

I'd be cautious with that June Dirac date. A friend who's travelling this same path was told by his Theta dealer a couple of days ago that it may be more like years end. Could simply be noise in the system, but then again Theta's recent history of meeting schedule commitments has been shaky. FWIW, Dirac just rolled out their Dirac Live software in beta ("Pre-Release") form this past week. Dunno if this, newer version is the one Theta plans to license.

Thanks for the heads up. I am more than familiar with so-called roll-out dates and their "flexibility." I can do enough manual adjustment (with SPL and test tones) to get the party started.

Latest posts

Back