Custom Search
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 168

Thread: How Great is the Sanders Magtech?

  1. #1

    Question How Great is the Sanders Magtech?

    For those of you that own, have owned one or listened to one extensively how great is the Sanders Magtech amp? Feel free to expound and compare to other amps.

  2. #2

    Default

    Robert,

    Has received great reviews. Some members, including Rich, have one in their system.

    Rich can also contrast with his Pass Labs X350.5.

    And you can probably get one for a 30 day audition from Roger.

    GG

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gray View Post
    Robert,

    Has received great reviews. Some members, including Rich, have one in their system.

    Rich can also contrast with his Pass Labs X350.5.

    And you can probably get one for a 30 day audition from Roger.

    GG
    And possibly the $500 MLOC members discount. I can't speak to the Magtech version, Robert, but I've used the ESL version on my Summits for about a year, now, and couldn't be happier. When I hooked it up to a friend's Prodigys, it had zero difficulty driving the passive woofs with authority.

    and...Roger is a absolute pleasure to deal with.
    _____________________________________________
    MacMini+JRiver>Trinnov MC 8>Sanders ESL/nCore monoblocks/Parasound Halo>active tri-amped Emerald Physics EP2.7, JL f112

  4. #4

    Default

    I also have the ESL version of the Sanders amp. Best amp that I have heard in my system, on my CLSIIA's. I agree that Roger's a great guy. Easy to try in your own system with the 30 day trial period that Gordon mentions.

  5. #5

    Default

    I wish I owned a stack of Sanders amps, and soon will.

    I've auditioned the Magtech at shows, and it's a perfect amp for our ESLs.

    If you'd like to learn more about why, there is a great interview with Roger in a recent online mag article: http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=991
    Last edited by JonFo; 03-31-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spl
    Jonathan

    System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC)

  6. #6

    Default

    I too own the Sanders ESL amp with a pair of Summits and a Cary SLP-03 pre-amp.
    I've had it for about three years and it's great.
    I have never run out of power no matter what I play and no matter how loud I play it!

    I can't imagine what more the Magtech brings to the party for the extra $1,000, but there must be something to it!

    Agree Roger is a pleasure to deal with.

    JM

  7. #7
    Senior Member tsv_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Great State O'Maine
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
    I wish owned a stack of Sanders amps, and soon will.

    I've auditioned the Magtech at shows, and it's a perfect amp for our ESLs.

    If you'd like to learn more about why, there is a great interview with Roger in a recent online mag article: http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=991
    Hadn't seen that article. Thanks for posting.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUR View Post
    And possibly the $500 MLOC members discount. I can't speak to the Magtech version, Robert, but I've used the ESL version on my Summits for about a year, now, and couldn't be happier. When I hooked it up to a friend's Prodigys, it had zero difficulty driving the passive woofs with authority.

    and...Roger is a absolute pleasure to deal with.
    I can verify that the MLOC $500 discount still applies. I just ordered a Sanders Magtech Stereo amp 1 hour ago and got the discount. And yes, Roger is a fantastic guy.
    ML Electromotion , LSA Statement Amp modded by Exemplar Audio, AMR CD-77.1 Modded by Avatar Acoustics, Sono's Server.
    CLX System -Sold System
    Vantage 5.1 System - Sold System

  9. #9
    Senior Member tsv_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Great State O'Maine
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosuit View Post
    I can verify that the MLOC $500 discount still applies. I just ordered a Sanders Magtech Stereo amp 1 hour ago and got the discount. And yes, Roger is a fantastic guy.
    Awesome Pete! Will you be the first MLOian to drive CLXs with Magtech amplification?

  10. #10

    Default

    Dont know. But Im pretty excited to try it out. If its as good as I keep hearing then It will be traded for the Mono version.
    ML Electromotion , LSA Statement Amp modded by Exemplar Audio, AMR CD-77.1 Modded by Avatar Acoustics, Sono's Server.
    CLX System -Sold System
    Vantage 5.1 System - Sold System

  11. #11

    Default

    Got the Sanders Magtech Stereo amp today. About 5 hours of listening time at this point. First impressions are that this amp can easily drive my CLX at low and high volumes without breaking a sweat. Can only imagine what the mono version can do! Stage is huge and very 3D. Biggest thing I have noticed so far is the dynamics and extension. Very very realistic with slam and finess and all around detail. It also seems to push through the music to the very last detail which feels natural. Some other amps I have had seem to drop the sound extension before it reaches its end. Again this is only 5 hours into it. But so far I am very pleased. If I had to guess, Im sure Ill be keeping this. I will be doing doing some Ampzilla 2000 MKII mono side by side comparisons next week.
    ML Electromotion , LSA Statement Amp modded by Exemplar Audio, AMR CD-77.1 Modded by Avatar Acoustics, Sono's Server.
    CLX System -Sold System
    Vantage 5.1 System - Sold System

  12. #12

    Default

    I apologize for my ignorance in advance but what is the MLOC discount? I am interested in Sanders amplification and a $500 always helps!
    Brian

    Spire

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosuit View Post



    I will be doing doing some Ampzilla 2000 MKII mono side by side comparisons next week.
    Did you do the comparisons yet?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hauger92 View Post
    I apologize for my ignorance in advance but what is the MLOC discount? I am interested in Sanders amplification and a $500 always helps!
    Basically call Roger at Sanders Sound Systems and tell him you want to order something and then tell him your a member on this site, he might ask you for a user name or not. If your a member here then he gives you a $500 discount!
    ML Electromotion , LSA Statement Amp modded by Exemplar Audio, AMR CD-77.1 Modded by Avatar Acoustics, Sono's Server.
    CLX System -Sold System
    Vantage 5.1 System - Sold System

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robertawillisjr View Post
    Did you do the comparisons yet?
    Ha! Well things have changed again. Instead of getting my Ampzilla Shipped back to me I had them ship the Carver 180 Mono block tube amps. I wanted to try something completely different. I should have those amps around May 4.
    ML Electromotion , LSA Statement Amp modded by Exemplar Audio, AMR CD-77.1 Modded by Avatar Acoustics, Sono's Server.
    CLX System -Sold System
    Vantage 5.1 System - Sold System

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •