Custom Search

Thread: Just Got My SL3s

Default Just Got My SL3s

I am the proud owner of a pair of SL3s. I can remember going with a friend from work to check these out (back in the 90s) at Sound Advice during lunch and then going with him when he picked them up back in the late 90s. Back then I thought they where the best thing I ever heard. Well I found a used set in great shape with no panel issues and they sound GREAT.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by scuba100 View Post
    I am the proud owner of a pair of SL3s. I can remember going with a friend from work to check these out (back in the 90s) at Sound Advice during lunch and then going with him when he picked them up back in the late 90s. Back then I thought they where the best thing I ever heard. Well I found a used set in great shape with no panel issues and they sound GREAT.

Peter
    Awesome! I still remember the first time I heard MLs (Aureus) at a dealer in San Diego back in the early 90s when they first came out. Loved them! Hope you enjoy them to the fullest!

That would be Aerius, Todd. Slap!

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    That would be Aerius, Todd. Slap!

Sepling wuz nevar mi fourtay.

Hi Peter,

Congratulations. Had that model for some five years or so. Very good product for the money.

If interested, you may want to check out mods I did to mine. Minimal money. Huge payback in performance.

See the "tweaks" section. Second thread / Page 2.

Gordon

Hello, User211. I belong to a family in which everyone takes care of cats. Your picture of the kitten giving a left and then a right is imaginative and cute. I have kept and taken care of cats since the age of approx. 5 years. My request is that please do not replace this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RAH View Post
    Hello, User211. I belong to a family in which everyone takes care of cats. Your picture of the kitten giving a left and then a right is imaginative and cute. I have kept and taken care of cats since the age of approx. 5 years. My request is that please do not replace this picture.
    No problem been using it for years. Made me smile when I first saw it. I've owned cats for decades now - though the current one is almost human in its apparent intelligence. Human aged 2-3 ish that is.

Congrats on the SL3 scuba, I think they have got to be the best speakers on the used market for the money.

Welcome from another SL3 owner!

Still great speakers. (My SL3s are paired with a REL T1 sub).

Guido.