Alternative audio websites

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious as to what other websites MLC members visit and engage.

I know I've tried several and certainly have some opinions.

Seems like Tom's site is the one that is most compatible with my perspective / biases regarding balance, diversity, respect, and a healthy dose of constructive (sometimes passionate) conversation and debate

GG

http://www.audioaficionado.org/ - which runs at a blistering pace, with one of the members clocking in at 25K posts. I like it because their classical music threads are hyper-active. While I've not run into any overtly disrespectful individuals over there, still just doesn't seem like "home" like it does here at MLO :)

No one here going to mention the communist regime oops I meant to say Emotiva forum where you get banned for saying a bad word about their products ?

http://www.audioaficionado.org/ - which runs at a blistering pace, with one of the members clocking in at 25K posts. I like it because their classical music threads are hyper-active. While I've not run into any overtly disrespectful individuals over there, still just doesn't seem like "home" like it does here at MLO :)

Todd, I noticed you just joined. AA is an excellent site. Not as "family" as here, but pretty decent. ALOT of McIntosh folks over there. I read that it started as a McIntosh forum before it became what it is today. Really nice people.

Last edited:
You can bash polk speakers on the polk forum if you feel like you had a bad experience

Good for them. On my corporate web page, I wouldn't let those thread roll either.

On topic.... I only browse around audioholics and avsforums from time to time.

Todd, I noticed you just joined. AA is an excellent site. Not as "family" as here, but pretty decent. ALOT of McIntosh folks over there. I read that it started as a McIntosh forum before it became what it is today. Really nice peoeple.

Ivan Messer (Materlu) was a member posting in the McIntosh section on Audiokarma until he and Grumpy had a falling out. Ivan then started his own site. He has a million dollars in his audio room and more McIntosh gear than many retailers. He also has Ferrari's. Needles to say he and his wife Donna are doing something right.

Ivan Messer (Materlu) was a member posting in the McIntosh section on Audiokarma until he and Grumpy had a falling out. Ivan then started his own site. He has a million dollars in his audio room and more McIntosh gear than many retailers. He also has Ferrari's. Needles to say he and his wife Donna are doing something right.

Yes... his "system pics" are, I'm going to estimate, in the 0.01% domain.

Todd, I noticed you just joined. AA is an excellent site. Not as "family" as here, but pretty decent. ALOT of McIntosh folks over there. I read that it started as a McIntosh forum before it became what it is today. Really nice peoeple.

Tons of Mac'ophiles over there... not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Yeah, I did a google search on him after I joined AA and WOW. The dude is sure doing something right. He also sells some equipment. Don't know if he has a store front or just out of "one" of his houses.

This is without doubt my fave forum.

However, I do miss some of the old timers who used to post with a lot of vigour,

I think I know why though - it was well surmised by Henk on the Apogee forum when he said that everything that could be said had been said.

People get bored and move on. But for some strange reason I still post here.

I put that down to all-stars like Bernard, Gordon, Rich and Todd.:)

2nd fave forum - the Apogee one. Quiet but good.

Justin,

I thank you for your kind words but would add that this site has some great background diversity in its following and many folks contribute to the overall excellence. I really like the "across the ocean" perspective that you and others bring.

I've been dabbling in the AA forum recently and it is certainly good but does not, in my opinion, have the heart and soul of the MLC. Some really nice folks / systems but a bit superficial for my tastes. Could be the sections I follow or could be that I'm a noobie.

You are right about not much more to say at times but just when I'm feeling that way, something else comes up and compels me to post.

The main thing I really enjoy about this site is the members willingness to help out others. And there seems to be a general sense of community and requisite respect and tolerance for a wide, divergent set of opinions. Except when I screw up, which I have certainly done on occasion.

Gordon

Justin,

I thank you for your kind words but would add that this site has some great background diversity in its following and many folks contribute to the overall excellence. I really like the "across the ocean" perspective that you and others bring.......

Gordon
What he said !

I particularly like the perspective of the "across the ocean" guys who seem to get good results even without room treatments. I am puzzled, but they all seem to be averse to treatments of any kind. Do they know something we do not?

Also, we have a very tolerant forum owner who lets people stay on after they've left the mother ship. :) Thanks, Tom.

And let's not forget the banter.

Latest posts

Back