Custom Search
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative audio websites

Default Alternative audio websites

Hi all,

Just curious as to what other websites MLC members visit and engage.

I know I've tried several and certainly have some opinions.

Seems like Tom's site is the one that is most compatible with my perspective / biases regarding balance, diversity, respect, and a healthy dose of constructive (sometimes passionate) conversation and debate

GG

http://www.audioaficionado.org/ - which runs at a blistering pace, with one of the members clocking in at 25K posts. I like it because their classical music threads are hyper-active. While I've not run into any overtly disrespectful individuals over there, still just doesn't seem like "home" like it does here at MLO

No one here going to mention the communist regime oops I meant to say Emotiva forum where you get banned for saying a bad word about their products ?

Quote Originally Posted by projectormovielover View Post
    No one here going to mention the communist regime oops I meant to say Emotiva forum where you get banned for saying a bad word about their products ?
    It is their corporate web page, can you blame them? :-\

crt stuff www.curtpalme.com
    maple syrup flavoured stuff www.canuckaudiomart.com
    CLS system here.

walk gently. leave a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by tsv_1 View Post
    http://www.audioaficionado.org/ - which runs at a blistering pace, with one of the members clocking in at 25K posts. I like it because their classical music threads are hyper-active. While I've not run into any overtly disrespectful individuals over there, still just doesn't seem like "home" like it does here at MLO
    Todd, I noticed you just joined. AA is an excellent site. Not as "family" as here, but pretty decent. ALOT of McIntosh folks over there. I read that it started as a McIntosh forum before it became what it is today. Really nice people.
    Last edited by FoxMulder; 03-12-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocky View Post
    It is their corporate web page, can you blame them? :-\
    You can bash polk speakers on the polk forum if you feel like you had a bad experience

Quote Originally Posted by projectormovielover View Post
    You can bash polk speakers on the polk forum if you feel like you had a bad experience
    Good for them. On my corporate web page, I wouldn't let those thread roll either.

On topic.... I only browse around audioholics and avsforums from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Todd, I noticed you just joined. AA is an excellent site. Not as "family" as here, but pretty decent. ALOT of McIntosh folks over there. I read that it started as a McIntosh forum before it became what it is today. Really nice peoeple.
    Ivan Messer (Materlu) was a member posting in the McIntosh section on Audiokarma until he and Grumpy had a falling out. Ivan then started his own site. He has a million dollars in his audio room and more McIntosh gear than many retailers. He also has Ferrari's. Needles to say he and his wife Donna are doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
    Ivan Messer (Materlu) was a member posting in the McIntosh section on Audiokarma until he and Grumpy had a falling out. Ivan then started his own site. He has a million dollars in his audio room and more McIntosh gear than many retailers. He also has Ferrari's. Needles to say he and his wife Donna are doing something right.
    Yes... his "system pics" are, I'm going to estimate, in the 0.01% domain.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Todd, I noticed you just joined. AA is an excellent site. Not as "family" as here, but pretty decent. ALOT of McIntosh folks over there. I read that it started as a McIntosh forum before it became what it is today. Really nice peoeple.
    Tons of Mac'ophiles over there... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tsv_1 View Post
    Tons of Mac'ophiles over there... not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Todd, since I own Audio Research stuff I consider myself an Audio'phile.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
    Yeah, I did a google search on him after I joined AA and WOW. The dude is sure doing something right. He also sells some equipment. Don't know if he has a store front or just out of "one" of his houses.