Rate yourself: Science, Audiophile or Enthusiest?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate Yourself: Science Guy, Audiophile, or Enthusiast...

• Audio Science Guy

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Audiophile

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Audio Enthusiast

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Robin

Reaction score
Rate Yourself: Science, Audiophile or Enthusiast...

How would you generally catigorize yourself:

1). A science guy - Would rather read technical stereo manuals for fun, than the sports section of the news paper. You need to know all the sound levels in your HT, before you can go to bed at night. You have observed folks trust, take your advice and look to you for technical expertist. Could be a HT installer in retirement, and make a good living...

2). A audiophile - Want to know the general systems requirements and speciafications but not every technical detail. Are fascinated by and love great sounding audio gear. Have installed your own system, but is not necessarily looking foreward to moving reinstalling everything. Likes to discuss audio equipment, but would not want to build your own home-made, electrostatic speakers in your workshop...

3). A audio enthusiast - You work hard all day and just want to come home and listen to great sounding equipment, but do not have to know every techincal detail, of what you are listening to from your system. You may have had your son or a professional HT / Audio systems installer set-up or install your system...

4). Other - I am a free spirit & don't care about this at all...

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Charles Osgood the audiophile!

I heard Charles Osgood on the radio hawking Bose wave radios the other day. Of course said how wonderful they were - how the sound was pure and pefect, etc. and then referred to himself as a longtime audiophile - like that would make Ma and Pa Kettle in Omaha go out and purchase a 350 dollar clock radio!

I almost veered into the ditch!

No Charles, you are a longtime corporate lackey for any company that offers you a paycheck!

Sorry.. I just had to vent.

I'm an audiophile I guess.. according to Robin's definition.

Tom. :)

Tom,
So you would say that he is just another whore for corporate money. LOL
If it was true then I feel sorry for him and people like him who think the Bose Wave radio is high quality. Obviously deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other. :eek:

My name is Jeff and I am a audiophile.

Jeff :cool:

TomDac said:
I heard Charles Osgood on the radio hawking Bose wave radios the other day. Of course said how wonderful they were - how the sound was pure and pefect, etc. and then referred to himself as a longtime audiophile - like that would make Ma and Pa Kettle in Omaha go out and purchase a 350 dollar clock radio!

I almost veered into the ditch!

No Charles, you are a longtime corporate lackey for any company that offers you a paycheck!

Sorry.. I just had to vent.

I'm an audiophile I guess.. according to Robin's definition.

Tom. :)

Hi,
[Vent] The Bose Wave radio is a $500, not $350 clock radio...they are a VERY greedy company, mediocre equipment at exhorbitant prices...just check out the prices on their Lifestyle systems if you want sticker shock. They used to sell a plastic stand for the Wave that had a couple of extra jacks in it (that it should have had stock), and they wanted an extra $150 for this peice of plastic!!! [/Vent]

Peter

Back