What music did you just buy?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bernard, et al... having just learned a neat trick whereby one can wrap an image within a URL link, I edited the above post to make the Bach Orchestral Transcriptions image "clickable" so it will take you to, in this case, the Amazon site.

Cheers

Hi Len,

Thanks for the link. The closest thing I could find is Jarvi conducting the Paris Orchestra and Choir on Virgin... but it's not the same performance :(

51AFPI%2BevkL._SS400_.jpg

BTW, I recently received this Faure disc and I'm blown away (figuratively). It is fantastic through and through. I don't care that it's not the same exact performance as the Youtube vid. Not only is the Cantique here wonderful, but the entire disc has given me a NEW APPRECIATION (Bernard) for this requiem. If there's such a thing as being coddled in a series of musical death tomes... consider me coddled.

I saw this recommended in another thread, listened to some online samples and purchased it. Even though it arrived a few weeks ago, just listening to it now.. WOW.. listening on the headphone rig and am going to move to the main rig.. wife is away and I can listen and play!

Attachments

• Stellamara7v.jpg
    Stellamara7v.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 140
New dr. John locked down, Bonnie Raitt, slip stream, Nora Jones, little broken hearts, Joan Osborne, bring it on home, treme season 2,

J

Last edited:
Just downloaded Dream Theater's new album " A dramatic turn of events" from HD downloads in FLAC.
Inspiration was because I hear the drummer is fantastic with off time signatures, and he is! So far the album is good.

Preordered the following records from the new Black Lion Records label. Each will have a 33 1/3rpm album and the 45rpm album, all 180g.

Duke Ellington - The Feeling Of Jazz
Miles Davis - Bopping The Blues
Ben Webster - Stormy Weather
Dexter Gordon - Both Sides Of Midnight

A recent Amazon order included: Little Broken Hearts by Norah Jones (Pre-order), The Absence by Melody Gardot (Pre-order) and 40 Days by the Wailin' Jennys!

I'm a big time Queen fan and I just got the SACD Japanese 2011 remasters of "News of the World" and "Jazz" and I have been blown away by the detail and lack of background noise. These SADS are a bit spendy at $60.00 but if you are a fan and have the equipment for it then it is well worth it. Please note these SACDs can only be played in a SACD player.

Attachments

• CISJ_9515_SA__78014__02242012034229-341.jpg
    CISJ_9515_SA__78014__02242012034229-341.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 153
  • CISJ_9516_SA__80821__03212012043141-6815.jpg
    CISJ_9516_SA__80821__03212012043141-6815.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 150
I just downloaded from HDTracks:

Eagles-Hotel California
Doobie Brothers-Captain and Me

Both in 24/96. Now I need to get them over to my Olive 04HD so that I can listen to them. :music:

Back