Johnny Boey ...MSS HiFi...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

So what are the charges if you know?

Gordon

Nope. Just that he's wanted in New Orleans, of all places. Here's a cut and paste from the Audio Aficionado site, where I learned of the warrant. I'm not sure I can post the link to the site, is it ok Tom?

"After speaking with Detective Nick Geraci today, he approved me posting this here:

"Please feel free to send this note to all. I am requesting to locate Johnny Boey from New York. I have an outstanding felony warrant for the arrest of Boey from the New Orleans District Attorneys Office. I can be reached at [email protected] and 504-571-2925."

If you know the where abouts of Johnny Boey please contact your local Law Enforcement, or Police Department, as he will be extradited to New Orleans, LA."

Last edited:
What's the deal with MSS hi-fi? I've heard a few people were happy with them. I was tempted to give them business once or twice, but they just seemed too dodgy to proceed with it.

I've read accounts on various sites where people never received the products they ordered and he just kept their money and other similar stories. We've even had posts on this site where people had trouble with him and his business practices. Some people have lucked out and received exactly what they thought they purchased, others have not been so lucky. It's amazing the stuff he has gotten away with over the years and really amazing that Audiogon continued to allow him to advertise there. Do a search on "MSS HIFI" and "the audio pimp" and you will find some details.

Wow, glad I saw this thread. I was debating ordering some stuff off their website. No wonder they had such good deals. That is disappointing.

No one is saying what the charges are, but Geraci is in the economic crimes division, so that should be a hint. Presumably JB ripped somebody off. I know of an attorney who called Geraci last week to ask, but Geraci was evasive and rude. He may have his hands tied so he can't say anything, or perhaps the feds are involved since Geraci is in New Orleans and Boey is (was) in New York. There's a possibility Boey may have fled the country.

But don't put any faith at all in Aficionado. He appears to have some serious issues himself which I don't care to risk posting about, but let's just say Boey isn't the only scum in the pond yet at least he's up front about it.

The latest according to a pretty good source is that Boey is at their store in Manhattan at least 5 hours a day, and a recent email I got from JB confirms that based upon the IP address. I also heard there may be a warrant out for him in Florida.

I've read accounts on various sites where people never received the products they ordered and he just kept their money and other similar stories. We've even had posts on this site where people had trouble with him and his business practices. Some people have lucked out and received exactly what they thought they purchased, others have not been so lucky. It's amazing the stuff he has gotten away with over the years and really amazing that Audiogon continued to allow him to advertise there. Do a search on "MSS HIFI" and "the audio pimp" and you will find some details.

Audiogon may get a little financial incentive if you know what i mean

Back