Vince Guaraldi Trio / A Charlie Brown Christmas (SACD)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Vince Guaraldi Trio / A Charlie Brown Christmas (SACD)
Year of Release: 1988
Record Label: Fantasy Records
Genre: Jazz

I guess I am doing it again... Recommending one of the very few actual Christmas CD's I own. However, this is my only SACD Christmas music I own... :D

This SACD is the original sound track recording of the CBS television special, recorded in 1965. The Vince Guaraldi Jazz Trio, consisted of the brilliant Vince Guaraldi - piano, Fred Marshall, Monty Bugwig - bass, Jerry Guaraldi, Colin Bailey - drums. The score by Guaraldi was sensitive and sophisticated and is one of the greatest Christmas SACD's ever. Guaraldi's jazz compositions are of real merit and creativity. Guaraldi must have been a true 'Peanuts' fan to have composed / scored all of these great tunes in one glorious Christmas album / SACD. I thought "Skating", "Linus and Lucy" along with, "Christmas Is Coming" were fun filled, inspired and marvelously performed for the sound track to the Peanuts special. My absolute favorite jazz Christmas tunes on this SACD are, "The Christmas Song", "Christmas Time Is Here" (instrumental) and "Greensleeves"... :D

Guaraldi obviously took his inspiration from the creations of Charles Schulz and made music that reflects that inspiration, is empathetic with the image, and is still solidly and unmistakably Vince Guaraldi true creative genius... :D

As this terrific SACD suggests, 'There are no choirs, no strings, no sounding brass, no tympani rolls; just occasional children's voices and jazz trio music written and played with perfection and sensitivity, never more affecting than in Super Audio Compact Disc sound.' :D

I just love this beautiful Christmas jazz SACD. I hope you will love it too.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers

-Robin

Attachments

• B000000XDJ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000000XDJ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Back