1st time ML user

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpgc2

Reaction score
Howdy all,
Started using McIntosh in the early 70's and enjoyed many different speakers and component combinations over the years. Was completely satisfied with a pair of Mac XRT-20's for 20+ years, then for reasons known only to parents, gave the XRT's to my daughter and son-in-law after my wife reclaimed the living room. After 5+ years of no respectable sound, I am currently putting another system together, still in the living room. Picked up a pair of clean Aeon's that could be used with a pair of NHT sub-2i's, for additional low end. Frankly, I am having trouble achieving the wonderful vertical and horizontal dispertion characteristic of the Mac XRT-20's which I enjoyed so much. This is a work in progress. The ML Aeon's are interesting and have potential correctly positioned in a room with the right acoustical characteristics. Never had ML's before, so this will be an interesting trip. Looking forward to the wisdom that can be found in the MLO forum. Cheers

Welcome John, persistance is the key usually followed by an expletive muttered under breath when you achieve "that" sound. What gear are you using, we are quite adept with secondary credit here..... :D

Welcome back to the hobby, to borrow a line from HeadFi: "Sorry about your wallet"! -Rick

Back