May or may not become a ML owner.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceinc

Reaction score
By way of introduction, I am Paul, from sunny South Florida. I enjoy putzing about with audio stuff. I generally buy used gear, put it into my system, if it sounds better than what I currently have, (and it has reasonable WAF) I keep it and sell the old stuff, otherwise I try to resell the recently acquired, for what I paid or a bit more.

I seldom come across ML gear (at a price I can afford), but have an opportunity to purchase some Requests and Scripts. I posted questions in the General area. While I have not had ML's to date, I did try a pair of Carver AL III+s and they sounded slightly better than my existing KEF's but the WAF was not as good, so they are gone.

My existing main system is anchored (literally and figuratively) by a pair of Emotiva XPA-1s, an XPA-2 and an XPA-3. My speakers are KEF 105.4s up front, Mirage OM-260s at the surround, a pair on NorthCreek Audio inspired homemades in the rear, a home designed center channel, 1 Rythmik Audio DS15 kit for low sub duty, and a pair of Dayton Titanic 10's driven by a Crown K1 amp for the upper sub region. To round things out I am using a Pioneer VSX-94TXH as a sound processor, and a newer Sony BluRay player.

I have a bit of other stuff in the queue to be sold including some NAD two channel gear, ESS speakers, bose (don't ask) speakers, Nakamichi cassette deck, Thorens turntable, etc.

I would suggest trying to see what new ML you can get for the same cash, being that they have improved since that era & are probably an easier load to drive,
maybe some Request owners will chime in here....:D

Back