Theos over ESL....?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ls35a

Reaction score
Other than a really nice wood cabinet, what does your three grand get you?

Anyone compared both?

Do I understand the ESL is a 'new generation' kind of panel that is being used for the first time in that speaker?

All comments welcome.

You mean the Electromotion ESL, right?

Electromotion uses the Xstat transducer that is used in all the new electrostatics. It's "new" in the sense that it's being used at such a low price point. I believe it's the same panel (though the EM ESL is a smaller sized panel) used in the Theos.

Theos also has bi-wireable 5 way posts opposed to the push button type posts (which are my least favorite idea ML has offered) on the EM ESLs.

Theos has an aluminum woofer come vs the doped paper in the EM ESL. Also a lower crossover point thanks to the larger panel.

Probably a few other differences as well.

I haven't heard the Theos, but I'm loving my new Electromotion ESLs

- Camron

Last edited:
ls35a, the Electromotion ESLs are fine speakers in their own right. Moving up to the next model, if you can afford it is always a good option. In this case the Theos just gives you a little more of everything. I have owned my Theos for a couple of months now. These babies have really opened up. The dynamics are stunning.

Back