New Software Update for the Olive music servers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoxMulder

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new software update for the Olive 04HD (4.1.9). Actually, all of the current Olive models have this available. It was released 02/06/12. :musicnote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new software update for the Olive 04HD (4.1.9). Actually, all of the current Olive models have this available. It was released 02/06/12. :musicnote:

Thanks... wirelessly updating now.

Cheers

How did you learn of this? Were you automatically notified? What does this do?

Appreciate the info. Many thanks.

Usually, Olive will send a notification email when s/w updates are made available. I didn't get one this time for some reason. Did you Fox?

Go here and click on "Guide to New Features 4.1.9 | Date: 02/06/12 | Download" to see the release notes.

Actually, now if you try to update from the unit, it says something about a 4.2.0 update and that you will need to rebackup your unit...HOWEVER, when you try to download it, it says that you already have the latest software version, (if you have the 4.1.9 version). So I am assuming this 4.1.9 might be a stop-gap version and the newer 4.2.0 version is close to release...just guessing.

Thanks, Fox and Todd for the alerts and the info. Did the wireless update with no problems. Interesting regarding the 4.2.0. update... "rebackup your unit"???

So far, out of about 400 or so CDs, I've had about a half dozen or so that seemed to have some sort of disagreement with the CD drive. Did either of you folks have any issue with this. Not the end of the world, but a bit off-putting, since two of them were Norah Jones (including "Come Away With Me").

I've also gotta learn about that Maestro thing, to label some CDs that were recorded, but not recognized. However, I must say that the SQ is quite splendid. :musicnote:

And Todd, you were quite right -- that iPhone App for the Olive is simply wonderful!

Thanks, Fox and Todd for the alerts and the info. Did the wireless update with no problems. Interesting regarding the 4.2.0. update... "rebackup your unit"???

So far, out of about 400 or so CDs, I've had about a half dozen or so that seemed to have some sort of disagreement with the CD drive. Did either of you folks have any issue with this. Not the end of the world, but a bit off-putting, since two of them were Norah Jones (including "Come Away With Me").

I've also gotta learn about that Maestro thing, to label some CDs that were recorded, but not recognized. However, I must say that the SQ is quite splendid. :musicnote:

And Todd, you were quite right -- that iPhone App for the Olive is simply wonderful!

I didn't run into the 4.2.0 thing. Odd that we're seeing different results.

Len, yes, that's roughly the same number of "rejects" I've been encountering as well. The work around of course is to rip them to FLAC on your PC and transfer them to the Olive via Maestro... though I think you need to hand-enter track listings, titles, etc. And yes, it's funny how an iPhone app can turn kaka into gold (re: user interface).

Cheers

I didn't run into the 4.2.0 thing. Odd that we're seeing different results.

Have you tried again to update your unit AFTER you installed the 4.1.9 version? That's when I saw the note for the 4.2.0 version. I've tried it a few times after I installed the 4.1.9 version and still get the 4.2.0 note. Try it again and see if you get the same thing. Maybe it's just my unit?

Have you tried again to update your unit AFTER you installed the 4.1.9 version? That's when I saw the note for the 4.2.0 version. I've tried it a few times after I installed the 4.1.9 version and still get the 4.2.0 note. Try it again and see if you get the same thing. Maybe it's just my unit?

No... haven't tried again since just up-revving to 4.1.9. I'll check on that when I get a chance.

Thanks

Actually, now if you try to update from the unit, it says something about a 4.2.0 update and that you will need to rebackup your unit...HOWEVER, when you try to download it, it says that you already have the latest software version, (if you have the 4.1.9 version). So I am assuming this 4.1.9 might be a stop-gap version and the newer 4.2.0 version is close to release...just guessing.

You were right -- Just notified via email that the 4.2.0. update is now available...

Len44,
THANKS! :bowdown: I didn't get the notification this time. I checked the Olive website and sure enough the new 4.2 update is there. Everyone....update your Olives! :clap:

Len44,
THANKS! :bowdown: I didn't get the notification this time. I checked the Olive website and sure enough the new 4.2 update is there. Everyone....update your Olives! :clap:

You're welcome. Did you receive notification on your Olive? When I went to update the 06 there was a notice to update there as well.
Looks like better options for backing up the drive.

I see where 4.3.2 is now available...
Hi guys,
Can I ask if can you help to get the newest firmware for Olive 06HD?

I have a problem with my Olive that freezes. It's perhaps due to the oldest firmware. Many thanks for your help in advance!

FWIW, I will just say that my experience with Olive was extremely disappointing. Surprised (and saddened) that they are somehow, remarkably, still in business. They proved worthless and uncaring regarding a malfunctioning Olive6, and I was left stranded to figure things out. I took it to a very good repair shop, but they needed a proprietary part which they could not source -- even from Olive! Olive would not even discuss with me, on the rare occasion when they even bothered to answer the phone.

Well... it's clear that they don't care about customers or the brand, only about the money.

Anyway, maybe someone downloaded the latest 06HD firmware before they went out of business?

Back