System #79 (Revel Studio II's , previous Spire)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know ...........I need to update my 'current' system pics, like Rich, I'll get to it soon ! Until I do here's the current set up .....

IMG_0617.jpg

Revel's are looking great Dave. Looks like you kept the Fosgate phono stage too. I think you owe us reviews on both, but you may have posted those elsewhere and I missed it.

Yes Tim, kept the Fosgate, more than pleased with it. No, I haven't written up a formal review, Bernard I think hammered me on that a while back as well.

One of these days ! ..............

HMMMM Those are some OPAQUE panels there.. Might want to SHOWER them :ROFL:

All sh!t aside they are beauties.. I heard them a bit back and was impressed for a cone driver speaker..

Chris, they impressed me enough to make the switch away from planar/ di-poles after 35 years of ownership !

Sold the Rogues and my Plinius. After a thirty year hiatus I'm back with Nelson Pass (X260.8's), up and running today .........

IMG_0130.jpg

Dave, is that a cable elevator I see in your last picture? :devil:

Tim, welcome back!

Last edited:
Congrats Dave. I hope / trust you will be happy.

My experience was that they need a minimal amount of play time to burn in.

What are your first impressions?

As an aside, I'll be trying some new cone speakers today.

Best,

Gordon

Thanks Steve / Gordon........Pass Labs, what's not to like !

They sound wonderful right from the start but once I get Bernard's 'obligatory' 500 hour burn in accomplished I suspect I'll be giddy !

Congrats on the new amps Dave, those are great amps. And the Revels are, for a box speaker, one of the very best. Enjoy!

Thanks Steve / Gordon........Pass Labs, what's not to like !

They sound wonderful right from the start but once I get Bernard's 'obligatory' 500 hour burn in accomplished I suspect I'll be giddy !
Jokes aside, Dave, I find the concept of "burn in" most interesting. Many years ago I upgraded the caps in my DAC with about $200 worth of Black Gates, and on extended listening heard no improvement. I declared it a waste of money, then forgot all about it. Then, several months later I realized that my system sounded much better, so I did more extended listening, and realized that it did sound much better.

The "educated skeptics" here will tell you that there is no such thing as burn in, musical memory is fleeting, no change could have been measured, and that I was imagining things, but I stand by my observations.

You should get a countdown clock set at 500 hours, so you can measure when your system starts to get better :devil:

Last edited:
Dave, what kind of improvements do you hear with the turntable periphery ring?

Bernard, I've not use it without so I've never compared. It's purpose is to provide a flatter LP and theory better tracking.

Sold the Rogues and my Plinius. After a thirty year hiatus I'm back with Nelson Pass (X260.8's), up and running today .........

View attachment 19441

I see... so this is how the system looks without the Plinius? Heresy!!!

Just kidding Pops... looking good!

What kind of cable elevators are those?

Awesome Dave!! Are they bloomiferous, texture filled , rich in timbre. And the real question. ??? Is there more there...there??? :). Congrats!!

Back