Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: System #79 (Revel Studio II's , previous Spire)

Quote Originally Posted by twich54 View Post
    Too Much !!!!, Table and arm retail for $4700, Cartridge retails for $700, my dealer saved me 10% on the table and 20% on the cartridge, plus the beauty of living so close to Delaware...... NO TAX !!!
    Man.. this sucks... I am feeling the beginnings of a TT-itis for the kid.

Joey

Joey "kid with grey hair" V
    System 1: Emm Labs TSDX Transport -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Cary SLP-05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Stereo Amp -> B&W 802D3, AQ WEL Power Cords, AQ WEL Speaker Wire, AQ Wind (reterminating to XLR)
    System 2: Rotel RA1592 Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    System 3: Rotel RC1570 Preamp -> Rotel RB1582 Stereo Amp -> B&W CM10s2 (ESL11a replacement??)

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_V View Post
    Man.. this sucks... I am feeling the beginnings of a TT-itis for the kid.

Joey
    I know where a nice used Music Hall mmf-9 is sitting, waiting for a new owner !!
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Dave,

Iím jealous, thatís a sexy looking TT you have there. How do you like the VPI Aries? I have been looking at the Scout.
    Joe

Click here to see my system #10 Home Theater.

* Martin Logan * Marantz * B&K * PS Audio * Audio Quest * Toshiba * Xbox 360 * PS3 *

Quote Originally Posted by Zip3kx07 View Post
    Dave,
    How do you like the VPI Aries? I have been looking at the Scout.
    Joe, I just got it set up yesterday and have only spun four records so far, so like any new TT / Cart combo it will take a min. of 10-20 hrs to come into it's own. Somehting tells me it's a keeper though !!

As for the Scout , great TT, just remeber if you go with VPI's arm be patient with setting up a uni-pivot arm. Azimuth set-up can try ones nerves !!
    Dave

Dave,

Looks like a nice system you have there.

I thought I saw some pics on the wall that might be you drag racing...is that right? Are you into cars and it looks like maybe trains too?

I have some Lionel stuff (used to have a pretty nice set up, but don't have room for it now) and am into Porsche and guitars.

Be cool! All the best.
    James Morrison
    Martin Logan Prodigy, Theater, Ascent, Script, Descent
    Rotel RSP-1098; Rotel RMB-1095, RB-1090, RB-1050
    Rega P2 w/ RB300 and Exact, Richard Gray Power Co. - Substation, Pole Pig, 400 Pro, 400 Mk II, 400
    http://www.martinloganowners.com/~td...ead.php?t=3175

James, Good evening, I guess to say I'm a gear head is some what of an understatement, I have been a fan and participant of Drag Racing for 40 plus years, Love big blocks and lots of HP. Kids today are into these little front wheel drive rice burners and their Boom-Boom radios, give me 700 + HP (naturally asspirated of course) any day of the week !! As far as trains, I'm a third generation railroader, nuff said !!

pics show my 86' Monte, Garden RR in the Pocono's, 84' 911 Targa, and the "real thing" Live steam @ Cumbrers Pass, elevation 10,000' +.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Dave

Dave,

LOVE IT MAN! You are a man after my own heart though I have always been a road racer! I am with you 700+ naturally aspirated HP's is a GOOD thing! Never had that much under my foot (or in my case hand, since I don't use my feet for driving...Spinal Cord Injury and all), but I'd like to try it! To do that in a Porsche is a VERY EXPENSIVE proposition though!

My dad was really into the Lionel stuff...I have some and that is a hobby that comes and goes...my cars have stayed every since I can remember, and I have also always had a love for Hi Fi if not the budget to do it to the max!

All the best to you! You can see my cars at my website: http://home.austin.rr.com/jemorrison
    James Morrison
    Martin Logan Prodigy, Theater, Ascent, Script, Descent
    Rotel RSP-1098; Rotel RMB-1095, RB-1090, RB-1050
    Rega P2 w/ RB300 and Exact, Richard Gray Power Co. - Substation, Pole Pig, 400 Pro, 400 Mk II, 400
    http://www.martinloganowners.com/~td...ead.php?t=3175

84' 911 Targa
    I have a rough and ready 1977 911 targa, needs TLC constantly.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...0&pagenumber=3
    George; Architect
    Aerius 1992 vintage
    Tube powered at last!
    System # 42
    System Link

You guys are awesome! I wish I had a car hobby at the moment... in a few years, in a few years.... I'll join you car fanatics!

BTW, Dave, love the Garden RR!!!

Joey
    System 1: Emm Labs TSDX Transport -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Cary SLP-05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Stereo Amp -> B&W 802D3, AQ WEL Power Cords, AQ WEL Speaker Wire, AQ Wind (reterminating to XLR)
    System 3: Rotel RC1570 Preamp -> Rotel RB1582 Stereo Amp -> B&W CM10s2 (ESL11a replacement??)

Dave, just wanted to take a look at your system again and tell you how great it looks in this incarnation. I'm sure it sounds great too! You need to update the turntable photo's with the new Black Diamond Racing clamp!

You are truely a great fixture on this site!

Happy listening - Tim
    MiTT
    Tim Bingaman

All Music...All the time...Commercial Free...

If you want to see System 95 click here

Mr "B", Thanks for the kind words, as per your request, the updated photo of the Aries 3 with the Black Diamond Racing clamp. While an exspensive tweek, there is an improvement to the lower octaves with respect to 'tightness'. basically it does a better job of "unifying' the entire Playback system, so for this reason it becomes even more important that ones TT setup is ideally isolated.

Thanks again Tim for the recomendation !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave

My eyes are shut.... my eyes are shut......

Mr "B", Thanks for the kind words, as per your request, the updated photo of the Aries 3 with the Black Diamond Racing clamp. While an exspensive tweek, there is an improvement to the lower octaves with respect to 'tightness'. basically it does a better job of "unifying' the entire Playback system, so for this reason it becomes even more important that ones TT setup is ideally isolated.

Thanks again Tim for the recomendation !!

I'v3 heard good things about the BDR clamp. Where did you find it? How much?
    View My System:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=213

Quote Originally Posted by jjqiv View Post
    I'v3 heard good things about the BDR clamp. Where did you find it? How much?

it can be had @ The Elusive Disc for ........gulp........$299
    Dave

Dave,

I just looked at your frontpage and the pics of your updated system.... and I must say... it's much nicer than when I last checked it. I usually just go straight to the 3rd page (this page) of your thread, but I decided to stop by the 1st page and check out the pics... and it was well worth it!!

I like your system design and execution. Very well done regarding choice of electronics and what not. Especially noticed the Plinius overpowering the little amp stand and the nice looking VPI TT. Also noticed the rather shiny Cary CDP.... which is what I would get if it had digital inputs.

All in all, two thumbs and big toes up!

Joey