Blows the door off

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, over the holiday I got to enjoy the system watching a few movies. And man, is this one clean yet powerful system.

So powerful that when watching the recent action movie ‘Hanna’ the door to the HT got ‘blown’ open twice during big bass scenes.
That was startling, as the scene itself was intense, and then all the sudden the Theater door pops open! :eek:

I tell you, Infinite Baffle Sub generates enough air pressure changes and move the walls enough to make (and admittedly poorly-adjusted) door shake enough to pop out of its latch.

So ‘blow the doors off’ can really happen in a home theater :D

Has this (or other motion related issue) happened to you?

What day were you watching that? I felt a sonic boom at my place in Tampa Sat night <g>. :ROFL:</g>

What day were you watching that? I felt a sonic boom at my place in Tampa Sat night <g>. :ROFL:</g>
Jon it started a sink hole in my back yard:eek:

Sorry for the shaking guys, we'll keep it down today (yeah, that's gonna happen :devil:)

You both have had the 'experience', so you know how hard keeping it down will be ;-)

JonFo,

I'm glad you like your system.

I think we all get it. :rolleyes:

GG

PS: Happy New Year.

Last edited:
Jonathan has an awesome system. Except for that three-eyed monstrosity hogging the sweet spot. ;)

Happy New Year, Jon.

took a picture off the wall in the room above the HT once ...

does that count?

Well one is from sound pressure and the other from vibration. With an open room home theater, I would have to pressurize the house. As for shake the foundation, my wife's wedding gown portrait still leans against the wall where it fell as a reminder to be careful. If her glass display cases break, I'm toast.

Luther, have you considered taking insurance in case your wife's display cases break? Pay her a monthly fee as insurance :)

Back