What holiday audio related gifts did you get?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Audio prezzies from under the tree, from my loving wife:
TTWeights VPI - Mega Clamp 2.33 LBS
tn2web-M.jpg

http://www.ttweights.com/catalog/item/6997332/8955209.htm

TTWeights Super Ring 675 Gram/1.5 Lbs Alloy/Brass Control Disc System
675ring011-M.jpg

http://www.ttweights.com/catalog/item/7935340/8553537.htm

From my music loving daughter:
3 CD's...
Louis Armstrong meets Oscar Peterson
Shawn Colvin, Cover Girl
Lee Ritenour's, 6 String Theory

From my Beatles loving grand daughter: Beatles 16oz. beer glasses and a Beatles Calendar!

Nice haul Steve!

Amongst the various books, clothes, specialty gourmet products (including a very nice small-batch greek olive oil), I received but one lone audio related gift:

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Vi...YX1S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324847637&sr=8-3

My son on the other hand seemed to be on Santa's "nice" list as he received a Fender Frontman 212R amp for his ax... he is stoked (the neighbors, not so much ;))

I received (waiting for delivery) a dynamo 700.
It's from me to me. ;)

I received jolly nothing......audio related anyway. Money has been wasted on useless, Chinese made rubbish that I never wanted anyway. Present giving is the most stupid custom ever.......

Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden - Jasmine : Very cool, enjoyed this late last night.
David Gilmour - Live in Gdansk : Great, a master at work.
John Lee Hooker - The Cream : Not played yet, but JLH is much missed here..
Diana Krall - Live in Paris / 2nd copy : Brilliant performance by Diana and her band, sounding very good!
Carolin Widmann/Denes Varjon - Schumann Violin Sonatas : good Xmas morning choice, enjoyed it..

The MBL 101E's i guess are coming today as they weren't by the Xmas tree yesterday:confused:

Nice haul Steve!

Amongst the various books, clothes, specialty gourmet products (including a very nice small-batch greek olive oil), I received but one lone audio related gift:

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Vi...YX1S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324847637&sr=8-3

My son on the other hand seemed to be on Santa's "nice" list as he received a Fender Frontman 212R amp for his ax... he is stoked (the neighbors, not so much ;))

Thanks! Didn't Vince Guaraldi just pass away? Great pianist.

The MBL 101E's i guess are coming today as they weren't by the Xmas tree yesterday:confused:

LOL

No worries mate, Santa dropped them off here, they sound great BTW.

Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden - Jasmine : Very cool, enjoyed this late last night.
David Gilmour - Live in Gdansk : Great, a master at work.
John Lee Hooker - The Cream : Not played yet, but JLH is much missed here..
Diana Krall - Live in Paris / 2nd copy : Brilliant performance by Diana and her band, sounding very good!
Carolin Widmann/Denes Varjon - Schumann Violin Sonatas : good Xmas morning choice, enjoyed it..

Why did you not purchase the CLXs instead?

As Todd asked - an Aston Mar.... oh dammit no! A Woo Audio WA3 that seems to be moving round my sister's place of its own accord. Quickly caught via the iPhone.

BTW Todd - my brother-in-law was winding me up about being able to drive a car on top of the swimming pool cover!:)

The WA3 is an older model in good condition. Not been able to play with it yet with the AKG 702s. Just a bit of fun really...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990059.372854.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990059.372854.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 111
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990101.604796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990101.604796.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 122
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990142.721701.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990142.721701.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I received jolly nothing......audio related anyway. Money has been wasted on useless, Chinese made rubbish that I never wanted anyway. Present giving is the most stupid custom ever.......
Adam, don't you yet know about dropping hints, and about the fact that stores do take stuff back.....or do they not take stuff back in Oz?

I got a Dayton Omnimic measurement system. I loaded the sw on my laptop, but have not yet had a chance to play with it (nursing a bad bout of the flu). I did buy a mike stand to go with it. I was surprised that there was a stand available for under $30; Adam would not approve as it was made in China :)

As Todd asked - an Aston Mar.... oh dammit no! A Woo Audio WA3 that seems to be moving round my sister's place of its own accord. Quickly caught via the iPhone.

BTW Todd - my brother-in-law was winding me up about being able to drive a car on top of the swimming pool cover!:)

The WA3 is an older model in good condition. Not been able to play with it yet with the AKG 702s. Just a bit of fun really...

Jolly good show! Your sister's place (and choice of mobility) - lovely indeed! And congrats on the WA3... it really is all about the fun anyway, isn't it?

I got a Dayton Omnimic measurement system. I loaded the sw on my laptop, but have not yet had a chance to play with it (nursing a bad bout of the flu). I did buy a mike stand to go with it. I was surprised that there was a stand available for under $30; Adam would not approve as it was made in China :)

Quick recovery Bernard... and let us know how your acoustical analysis turns out.

Cheers

Santa left me a new Parasound JC-3 phono stage and a new Olive 04HD music server. Merry Christmas to me!

My next audio endeavor is to make my own RCA interconnect cables so I got all the stuff needed,... cable, plugs, techflex, heatshrink, soldering iron, clip/holder/magnifying glass doohicky.... Will start making these soon and hopefully post some pics in the DIY forum.

Back