Front speaker placement for Projection screen.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asclep

Reaction score
My speakers and my amp show up Friday in preparation for the arrivals I have started rearranging my living room.

One of the problems I am having is where to put the front speakers...

My screen is 120" and the bottom of the screen is roughly 60" high.

I would like to put the new fronts (Vantage - 57" high) inside the screen by about 2 feet on each side. This would put them roughly 1 foot outside of being aligned with the mounted Frescos.

Will this cause problems or should I keep them outside of the screen?

Thanks for all the help :) I will post pictures this weekend!

Last edited:
Your problem is going to be the Vantages being too close together, not their alignment with the Frescos. If your 120" screen is like most of the ones in systems I've designed it's about 9' wide, so if you move each of your fronts in 2' that means only 5' of separation between speakers. Unless you're sitting 5-10' away, which seams ridiculous with a 120" screen, your speakers would be too close together per ML's recommendations. Move them out farther, don't worry about surround channels which are way, way more flexible in their placement.

I've moved my Theos outside of my projection screen. Initially I thought they would be too wide apart, but after moving them, the soundstage opened right up. Definitely wider apart is better. Also after moving them, the Theos seemed to integrate better with my T2 sub.

Definitely, wider apart the better. Also, how close are the vantages going to be from the back wall. I keep mine about 5 feet off walls behind and the soundstage really comes alive. Post some pics of the setup if you can. Good luck on the project! :)

Back