DH Labs vs Signal Cable Power cords

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing the PC in my CDP and preamp.

The two manufacturers listed above seem to make a product that offer a significant price / performance bargain.

For a five foot cord, Signal Cable has their "Silver Resolution" for $209. DH Labs has their "Power Plus Studio Reference" for $235.

I have DH Labs interconnects in my system and feel they offer big bang for the buck. If I recall, jtwrace is also a big fan of this company.

I also believe Rich, and others, have had very positive experiences with Signal Cable.

Both companies seem to take a no BS approach and build a high quality product for a "reasonable" price when compared to other exotic manufacturers.

Any input would be most appreciated including other suggestions in this price / point range.

GG

Gordon, I have a pair of Signal Cables power cords I've never used gathering dust in a closet. Dunno the exact length, but they're about five feet. Also don't know, off the top of my head, if they're the silver version. If you're at all interested, let me know. Pricing would be extremely favorable. :)

I haven't used any of the Signal Cables power cords, but I can attest to the quality of their speaker cable and IC's. I highly recommend them. I will eventually get around to upgrading my power cords, but that will be awhile. Have fun with your new toys whatever you decide.

Well, not to pile on here, but I have also had very good experience with Signal Cable. This is not a dissing of DH, just no experience with them. Also, Frank at Signal Cable seems very knowledgeable, gives solid advice (not necessarily for his most expensive products, but rather seeking to provide the best fit for a specific application), and is easy to work with.

I have used both and give the edge( SQ) to DH Labs. Both are well constructed and the people are great to deal with.
Since you have DH ICs I suggest staying with the brand.

Gordon, I'm using a Signal Cable "Silver Resolution" with my DAC and the Signal Cable "Magic Power Cord" for some of my other components, both with good results. As stated already Frank is easy to work with and sometimes offers free shipping.

I use the Signal Magic Power cords for everything and am very satisfied. I have no doubt that DH Labs makes a great power cord too. Flip a coin and whichever way you go I expect you will be happy with the result.

Back