I have a broken Depth i. Need help.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavalry12

Reaction score
A few days ago I bought an open box Depth i from Magnolia. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to audition it to make sure everything worked. Well, it seems there is something wrong with the sub. It is hooked up to a Pioneer Elite SC-27. I am running a cable from the Pioneer's subwoofer out to the sub's LFE in, and there is no response regardless of the material I play. Additionally, the sub fails to go into standby mode. I have it set to "Auto", yet the light stays green even if there is no cable plugged in.

The Depth i turns on with a green status light both on top and and on the back panel. I have plugged my previous sub (a KEF) and swapped cables in order to rule out other possibilities. The KEF sub works fine. I thought I'd consult here first before calling Magnolia and/or ML. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Hola. There is no service parts inside the sub. If it is not working, you have warranty. Take it back to Magnolia. Do not open it, unless you are authorized to do it, but I assure you, there are no service parts inside. If you have a faulty sub, then it has to be serviced at Magnolia. Happy listening.

Thanks for the response. I wasn't planning on opening it up nor I ever will if a product is under warranty. I was just curious to see if any other members have had same symptoms as mine does and what remedy they sought besides contacting ML, of course.

Back