McIntosh MEN220 Room Correction System

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken..
this is really kind of you. My ears are not too well on fine tuning such technical adjustment. So thats why i spent good money to help me finish the task. I have options connect the RELs to the binding posts or low level RCA with adjustable crossover frequency set to 120hz as recommended. As REL suggests better with the speakon cable for high level input, But should I adjust the volume control to half on the RELs before performing the calibration. yeah, I like to try the XTZ for experimental reason if this is not too trouble borrow from you. Please PM me if you have time doing that. I am in SF. Thanks so much for all the info.

Pat, because you'll be connecting the RELs directly to the MEN, the high level connection isn't possible and you must use the low-level RCA. As regards the volume, you want the volume from the RELs to be matched to that of the ML mains. There are a few ways to do this, but the best way is by matching the measured frequency responses (which will vary by many dB across the frequency band due to room modes and other factors) so that volume at the desired crossover point is roughly similar. The frequency plots from the XTZ will help you do this better, IMHO, than simple tones or pink noise. I realize this is new territory for you and may sound really confusing, but it's quite simple and I'll walk you through it.

PM sent.

/Ken

Pat, because you'll be connecting the RELs directly to the MEN, the high level connection isn't possible and you must use the low-level RCA. As regards the volume, you want the volume from the RELs to be matched to that of the ML mains. There are a few ways to do this, but the best way is by matching the measured frequency responses (which will vary by many dB across the frequency band due to room modes and other factors) so that volume at the desired crossover point is roughly similar. The frequency plots from the XTZ will help you do this better, IMHO, than simple tones or pink noise. I realize this is new territory for you and may sound really confusing, but it's quite simple and I'll walk you through it.

PM sent.

/Ken

Ken, I just replied you through PM, please read if have time, thanks again.

Pat.

Back