New Martin Logan Owner: Glendale, AZ - USA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work with MAV on a pretty regular basis and most of those guys are all over it. you sure you were at MAV and not MHT? MHT is the baby version of MAV and can be found inside Best Buy in more affluent areas.
Ah this DEFINITELY was/is a MAV. This is a separate stand alone store in Santa Monica, CA. Now that I moved to AZ, there are no MAV, only Magnolia Home Theaters inside the actual physical Best Buy store.

Also, Panamax is good stuff, id never run my system off a basic power strip, this gear is too sensitive. But, a possible reason he pushed it so hard is if you were at MAV he's on commission and Panamax's are high margin.
He actually recommended it again once I mentioned I wanted to go from a 3.1 to a 5.2 system (add another Dynamo 700 plus some rears of which not sure which ML speakers to get for the rears). He said if I didn't see a difference in PQ I could always return it. I've always felt that the power line conditioners were "glorified" power strips. And lots of online debates with them. But I do agree in protecting my equipment.

Currently this is what I have: Monster MP HT 800G Home Theater PowerCenter with Monster GreenPower.

Do you really feel the Panamax would be worth it? He recommended I think the 5300 or 5100. At $500 it seems a lot. Thoughts?

Look it up online and have him price match amazon or something similar. They wont price match shady online places but they will match most big online retailers and almost all brick and mortar stores. I use the 5400 but that's cuz I get them at cost, if I were paying retail if probably get the 5100 since you don't have enough gear to need an amp meter (you'll never hit 15 amps unless you get an amplifier that doesn't soft-start). Get a small panamax on-wall surge that piggy backs on the outlet (about $50) for each sub too, they get zapped pretty easy

EM C2 Has Arrived

Finally my EM C2 center speaker has arrived! Taken out of the cabinet for display only. And this particular cabinet is a perfect tight fit WITHOUT the grill which is fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 121

Latest posts

Back