Custom Search

Thread: Hello from Finland

Default Hello from Finland

For the past year Ive been thinking I wouldt sell my Apogees, because they are so great... Then I came across something else.

Well I noticed Im not the first member from Finland here and there are few active members from our local forum so I wont be telling what speakers Ive just purchased. But because Im here it is quite obvious it has something to do with ML.

In couple of weeks or so Ill let you know.

Greetings from Finland!

-Teemu

Welcome Teemu!
    My ML CLS IIz/Pass Labs/JL Audio system here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...ead.php?t=9676

Hi there. We've had a recent defector to Apogee, so it's good to see the scorecard evened! (Sorry Justin).
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Class CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DSP1124P --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Ive been thinking that Id sell my current system and get something different. Now Im moving to new house in two weeks so I thought this would be perfect time to do it. My TT and probably my Unico CD are only components that Im saving. So lets see if MLs will fill the place that Apogees left.

Last sunday I took a 400km trip to get my new Logans. Sequel II fills nicely the place that Apogees left.

Is this like the new Martin Logan "Hide & Seek" game coming out at a store near you soon too? j/k Teemu, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ATD View Post
    For the past year Ive been thinking I wouldt sell my Apogees, because they are so great... Then I came across something else.

Well I noticed Im not the first member from Finland here and there are few active members from our local forum so I wont be telling what speakers Ive just purchased. But because Im here it is quite obvious it has something to do with ML.

In couple of weeks or so Ill let you know.

Greetings from Finland!

-Teemu

Congratulations on the Sequels, those are nice speakers.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC)

Welcome to the world of ML,

I am interested to hear your impressions of the Sequels after your Apogees. What do you drive them with?

Fjeff
    Michell Gyrodec, SME 309 & V, EAD DAC & Transport, Sony XA777ES SACD, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Jeff Rowland Consummate pre amp & 2x phonos with 2x Model 8 power amps, ML Quest z's virtically bi-amped. Cardas Hexlink Golden 5-C balanced.
    JRDG System Sony 5.1 HIFI & HT System
    Burmester System QUAD System

Im driving them with DK Design VS.1 Reference Mk. III. Ill write some impressions after holidays.

Welcome ATD, nice to see a fellow countryman in this forum. Rauhallista Joulua!

Now that some time has passed Im not so sure about the amp anymore. Im thinking about going back to pre/power combo. DK is ok. It has all the power needed, but still theres something thats bothering me. And yes, Ive been doing this for a quite long time so I have tried many cables and positioned my speakers all over again and other stuff, but still especially mids are not so good with this amp. And when listening at low volumes theres like a big curtain covering everything.

So the adventure goes on. Well see what happens next. Tubes have been my passion so maybe back to tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazikiwi View Post
    What do you drive them with?

Fjeff
    I drove my EM/ESLs in the back of a Toyota van.

Hi Teemu,

I am new to the site too so welcome from us here in the land down under. Hope you are enjoying the ML's i love mine.

Tony.