System #414 (Summit, Logos, Stylos)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansdo

Reaction score
1. Member Name : Hans Dokman

2. Location : The Netherlands city; Zoetermeer near Den Haag,
3. ML Model(s) : Summits / Logos / Stylos

4. Year Purchased: the first ones (Clarity/Cinema) in 2003 ,Vista in 2006, this ones :2011

5. Mods/Changes : Change the cross-over filter of the Logos in a 2 way cross-over (orig 3 way). The membrame is now full range .Replace the 2 parts membrame into a membrame in one piece . (okt 2012) Replace the wornout Logos panel for a Summit panel .

6. Associated Electronics: Linn Akurate SACD , Oppo bd95 , Linn Kisto processor, Vincent 998 monoblock for the fronts and center ,Vincent 997 for the rears, 2 MJ ref100 subs , Technics turntable SL-15 with org P205CMK3 cart ,Technics turntable SL-10 with P310MC2 cart on a Jasmin pre phono and Linn Linto prephono. Panasonic 50'plasma display , Epson 3D projector.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: started with ML Clarity / Cinema in 2003 change to the Vista in 2006 and in 2011 to the (used) Summits and Logos

Attachments

• installatie 002.jpg
    installatie 002.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,375
  • installatie 003.jpg
    installatie 003.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,333
  • installatie 006.jpg
    installatie 006.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,919
  • installatie 005.jpg
    installatie 005.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,424
Last edited:
Thanks guys,
Hello Tom,
The tweeter hanging on the top of the Summits makes the soundstage wider and you can hear the cimballs ,hi-heads etc clearer without any sharpness.Of course I use a filter for the tweeter ,it comes in between the 7000/10000 Hz. It is a very nice ribbon tweeter from Hi-Vi . Like you probably know that if you (ears) become older the high tones become less, I think that counts to .
Hello Mark,
We do have a beautiful country but I think that in the USA are also beautiful region's . I have never been there but I want to go in the future.

Last edited:
I'm curious to hear more about your "supertweeter" installation. How is it powered/wired? Is the "filter" (? crossover) a DIY design, or commercially available?

The filter is originally designed by audio-smile in the UK but mine local (tweeter)suplier have change the paralel coil in it . I shall make some pics of it

Attachments

• 00000011.jpg
    00000011.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,335
  • 00000009.jpg
    00000009.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 00000010.jpg
    00000010.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,340
Last edited:
What is the finish on your Summits? They look gorgeous. Even since I got my Theos in Zebrawood I now have this new found appreciation and infatuation for good wood finishes and yours is no exception.

Thanks , Joakim, the tweeters sounded indeed very nice (sweet to) and I enjoy the Summits even more ..

What is the finish on your Summits? They look gorgeous. Even since I got my Theos in Zebrawood I now have this new found appreciation and infatuation for good wood finishes and yours is no exception.

Thanks Jordan, We call that veneer : ' Palissander ' ,I think you call it : 'Rosewood ' . It seems that it is a jubilee version. I do like it to including the alu finish.

Do you have any timing or phase problems? I would think you might have some problems with coherence/integration between the panel (line source dipole) and ribbon tweeter, not to mention challenges with volume, unless managed manually. Looks cool though....

Do you have any timing or phase problems? I would think you might have some problems with coherence/integration between the panel (line source dipole) and ribbon tweeter, not to mention challenges with volume, unless managed manually. Looks cool though....

I can't measure that sort of thinks but mine ears told me that is oke , a ribbon tweeter comes close to our electrostatic , the sensibility of the ribbons are almost the same as the Summits so the volume integration is no problem. Earlier I had the Hi-Vi rt1-ii (smaller)and that sounded not so good they were sharp on the ears .

update new mods; replace the supertweeter filter components by Munzdorf components , sounds much better.
Change the 3 way cross-over from the Logos centre in a 2 way with 12 Db filtering . The woofer runs till 250 Hz and the panel comes in ad 150 Hz.In the top no filtering . Added a super tweeter like the Summits .Change the Logos membrame (normally 2 pieces) in one in 1 large piece .

Back