Bob Marley and the Wailers / Legend

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
rtist / Title: Bob Marley and the Wailers / Legend
Year of Release: 1984, 2002
Record Label: Island Records
Genre: Reggae / Rasatafari

Bob Marley and the Wailers developed their style starting in the early 1960’s. Bob Marley has been known as ‘the first Third World superstar’ ‘Rasta prophet’. ;) The core of, ‘The Wailers, backing-up Bob Marley are Aston Familyman Barrett – bass, Carlton Barrett – drums, and various other members. This ‘Legendary’ band from Jamaica had many mega hit albums, like “Catch A Fire” (1972), “Burnin” (1973), “Natty Dread” (1975), “Rastaman Vibration” (1976), “Exodus” (1977), “Kaya” (1978), “Survival” (1979).
This CD is a collection of all of the greatest songs from all of the bands previous albums. My personal favorites are the sultry “Is This Love” and “No Women No Cry”. “Jamming” is great too. I believe Bob Marley put it best, “I Love the development of our music. How we’ve tried to develop, y’know? It grows. That’s why every day people come forward with new songs. Music goes on forever”.

In 1980, Bob Marley and the Wailers had a huge European tour, which broke all records, was very popular, including a 100,000 capacity show in Milan.
After the European tour Bob Marley and the Wailers came to America and did two shows at Madison Square Garden but, immediately afterwards, Bob Marley was taken seriously ill. He discovered he had cancer. He fought the disease for eight months. Sadly, he lost his battle with cancer, on May 11, 1981, in a Miami Hospital. He was 36 years old.

Bob Marley and the Wailers – ‘Legend’ CD is an excellent perspective of Bob Marley’s, Jamaican Reggae / Rasatafari music. This CD is so smooth and mellow it is a wonderful listening experience to have over and over and over again. I never tire of the fantastic music of Bob Marley and the Wailers… :D

Cheers

-Robin

Attachments

• B0000669JL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B0000669JL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 571
Great review of a classic "must have" album Robin.

I can't listen to this album without a smile on my face and a margarita in my hand!

J Lustig said:
Is margarita the new code word in Colorado for a fatty????? :D

LOL, that's very funny....

No, I don't personally indulge in that particular choice of substance. If I did I would have just said "fatty". Or more appropriately "spliff". (in best Bob Marley accent)

Last edited:
Bob Marley's - Legend

MiTT said:
Great review of a classic "must have" album Robin.

I can't listen to this album without a smile on my face and a margarita in my hand!
MiTT,

Thanks again for the kind words. :D This is a true classic. I hope someday they will release a SACD or HDCD version. :)

Back