Thread: Any interest for a San Antonio meet Dec 3 or 10?

Default Any interest for a San Antonio meet Dec 3 or 10?

I'm thinking about holding a little GTG at my place in December. I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in coming and if so, what day works better?

Sorry Luther, not this time. I'm also having a GTG on the 9th. Of course, you are welcome to come on up to Round Rock. Actually, since I've been to your place twice, you need to come up this way. We currently have four of us who regularly (monthly) get together to listen and talk all things audio at each others' homes.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by slowGEEZR View Post
    Sorry Luther, not this time. I'm also having a GTG on the 9th. Of course, you are welcome to come on up to Round Rock. Actually, since I've been to your place twice, you need to come up this way. We currently have four of us who regularly (monthly) get together to listen and talk all things audio at each others' homes.
    Let me know when your next one is. I've got guys coming in from Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Houston and one from out of state for the 10th. I will have my main four systems going and two more just for the meeting.

Sounds like you're going to have some fun!
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Hello Wardsweb - If the invite is still open, I'd love to drop by. Actually I spoke to SlowGEEZR and another local member and we all may be dropping by.
    We'll keep you posted.
    Thanks!!

Yeah, what Mike said. So, how 'bout PMn an address?

PM's sent - I've not put a limit on people this time around. So, we may very well have a full house. It'll be fun.

Hi Wardsweb, I'd also like to stop by if that's ok, probably with SlowGEEZR and Sebrof2000. Thanks in advance!

As they say, "Come on Down."

Can you say carpool?

Thanks guys for coming down. I hope eveyone had a good time. Looks like I'll be driving up for your next one.

I had a great time! Everyone, Luther has some great sounding and great looking systems. It was very obvious that he spends a lot of time restoring and building audio gear and loves doing it. It's hard to imagine how anyone could get more involved in one's own home audio. The theater system sounded as big as most real theaters do, with so much incredible dynamic bass. His main system, pictured above, was the easiest to listen to horn system ever, not a trace of horn beaminess (is that a word?) that I usually hear with a horn system. It actually just allowed the music to reveal itself, without the usual "I'm a horn speaker" signature. Impressive. We will be having our next gathering in January and it will be held by Steve (sb6). I'm sure he'll post the date and send you a PM with contact info.

Thanks Steve, I'm glad ya'll made it down. I did figure out the pre settings in the back room today. The boominess is gone. Now just have to decide if it's a keeper or if I flip it for something else. The journey continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
    I'm thinking about holding a little GTG at my place in December. I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in coming and if so, what day works better?
    Hi, Guys.. Did I ever miss anything..My name is Pat from SF, CA.. Just read your threads ablut the music meeting, but too bad it was too late. Coming to Austin this week on business, always have fun meeting local audiophiles for sharing.
    Happy holidays!
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
    Thanks guys for coming down. I hope eveyone had a good time. Looks like I'll be driving up for your next one.

Wish I was there..if once granted for coming to the meet.