The weather

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:music::D I've got fusion insurance & I've also got multi-boards with spike control that will replace/warranty up to $35'000k, have two & split the system between:music::D

about 4-6" of the white stuff here (West of Philly)

Just a light dusting here, though some areas may get a foot (!). This storm probably ruined many a Halloween party since the temps dropped into the 30s last night. Today, in DC, is the Marine Corps marathon. Ugh...to run 26 mi in these cold temps...

Lot's of rain and cold as hell. Had to turn on the heat and I hate burning oil before Thanksgiving. The rain was nice for the newly seeded lawn since water costs here are terrible. Like the free stuff!!

Gordon

I just finished de-slushing the driveway... didn't want that stuff to freeze overnight. Need a slip-free path for all those sugar-crazed goblins due to materialize on All Hallow's Eve

Lot's of rain and cold as hell. Had to turn on the heat and I hate burning oil before Thanksgiving. The rain was nice for the newly seeded lawn since water costs here are terrible. Like the free stuff!!

Gordon

Just the oPposite here we are 21 stories up & everybodys heat
Below us keeps us warm prob turned on the heat 4 times in all
The years :eek:

Bummer start to a winter for sure..............finally got out this weekend and put a few miles on the new 'snow pony' !

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 115
Nice Dave... but how does it sound?

Todd, being a four stroke it sounds like a quieter version of my garden tractor ! I've been riding snowmobiles for 38 years now, this is my first four stroke and so far I think I've made the right decision.

Is that thing as small as it looks, or is that an optical illusion? The ones I rode in Yellowstone were huge compared to that one. Nice looking sled, Dave.

IMG_0925.jpg

Rich, it's an illusion, with an 128" track it's actually longer than the standard '121'. Mountian sleds out West are much longer (needed floatation) but I suspect the rentals you had in Yellowstone were the shorter trail versions.

Steve, as far as performance, this one is an 'Old mans' sled compared to some of the fire breathing monsters I've had in the past ! ........top speed 95-100 mph. Now my buddy has the turbo version of my sled.....125 mph on the lake and it was still pulling !

here's another pic, maybe giving a better feeling for it's size (119" overall length)

2012-01-22%2011.15.47[1].jpg
Got a good 250 miles in last weekend, lakes and trails were superb (considering the lack of winter this years), the pic shows my sled on the right with my two buddies left of mine. The far left Cat, retro paint scheme is a higly modified turbo 1100, big time boost, boondocker, meth injection, 300 plus HP..........it 'shits and gets' to over 125 mph in a hurry !

Back