Fm

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
Dont see much mention on FM tuners here anybody using one? What is it and
How far are the stations from youre antenna?

FM is only as good as the stations in your area. FM here consists of unintelligent idiots raucously laughing at their own (not funny) jokes. That's about the extent of it, therefore I use internet radio through the squeezebox. Yeah, a lot of stations are limited to 128k, but so is the source for a lot of the FM stations too - the best Magnum Dynalab ain't going to help there!

I was curious I have heard some of the best
Stations here in NY turn to sh?t in the last few years.
A great mid band Classics sta. went to stupid music but fortunatly ( at least) moved to the hi side of the band but it sux signal wise now. I have yet to pump internet stations to the LV system ( maybe this year) the choices are amazing..

I listen to AM talk radio every so often, and FM quite regularly, mostly the one station that still plays classical, plus a roots rock station from time to time. That's about it. Stations are reasonably close.

I love using my logitech squeezbox touch for surfing the radio stations around the us and the globe .I think alot of good stations have digital these days .I do like hearing the alternative music on the college fm radio stations however

Public Radio

Down here in New Zealand we have a couple of national treasures, the Concert Programme and National Programme. I use a Magnum Dynalab Étude with a pre gain unit on an external aerial.

The Concert Programme is mainly classical with the odd hour of jazz each week, a great way to expand one's classical tastes with some interesting interviews. Recently we had a series of Dave Brubeck interviews, the best I have ever heard on him.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/

They do say when you land in New Zealand, to set your watches 30 years back, public radio is alive and well.

Fjeff

Bill,

Given what I listen to on FM and where I live, I'm only able to receive the Laramie, WY NPR station, which is more than adequate.

I also have a Magnum Dynalab XM tuner, which provides me with all the other music I need. And the classical and jazz stations sound quite good.

GG

Bill,

Given what I listen to on FM and where I live, I'm only able to receive the Laramie, WY NPR station, which is more than adequate.

I also have a Magnum Dynalab XM tuner, which provides me with all the other music I need. And the classical and jazz stations sound quite good.

GG

We had a very good Classical sta. here in NY in the midband WQXR 96.3 excellent all the way around now its stupid music, I too use a Magnum tuner.

Bill,

GG

I'm with GG... mostly NPR (while driving). Almost never listen to FM in the house. Pandora rules the castle.

eff emmm

Thanx

I am thinkin of going that way soon, jus built a Monster system to start ripping my collection to PC ....:D

Tsv,

FM

Almost never listen to FM in the house.

Very different here, FM goes on first thing A.M. every day. Then serious listening..................when my brain comes around :cool:

Back