XT32 vs ARC

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectormovielover

Reaction score
I am curious if any of you guys out there have compaired arc o the anthem to any of the XT32 equipped audio receivers or preamps .

I know arc works good but is anyone using XT32 ?

I have an 80.2 with audyssey pro. Xt 32 works very well with my vantage, stage, 2 ml 112 subs, and NHT dipole surrounds.

2.2 for music is very very good and my 7.2 set up sound spectacular for blu ray. Scads sound quite sweet.

No comparison with the anthem series possible but the xt to xt32 transition made quite a difference.

I have never compared the 2 side by side. I am guessing that they are fairly similar in theory and application. But I could not tell you what the major or minor differences would be. I think a more appropriate comparison would be between ARC and Audyssey Pro. It would be interesting to be able to A/B the same system set up with both.

I have been very pleased with both in different installations. I have done a ton of basic Audyssey XT/XT32 setups. Only 1 Audyssey Pro setups and 3 ARC setups. They all do what they claim when done properly.

Hello,
I have been utterly blown away with XT32/SubEQ HT. I have been using MultEQ XT for the past 4 years until July when I got a Processor with XT32 and I was utterly astonished at just how much of a difference there was.

As I am using a Descent i and a Depth Subwoofer, I really think SubEQ HT has done a fantastic job integrating the 2 Subwoofers. I have never had a better sounding HT.
Cheers,
JJ

There has been a lot of back-and forth comparing the strengths and weakness of those two system over on AVS, check out those threads for more detail than you might want ;)

My Denon AVP-A1HDci processor currently runs XT and I have the Pro-kit as well. Results are fantastic if the measurements are well executed. I'm encouraged to hear the great feedback on XT32, as I'm about to upgrade the preamp to that version with a field-update Denon is offering on their flagship processor.

Besides the increased resolution of the algorithm across the frequency bands, I'm really looking forward to moving up to dual, independently EQd subs for even smoother bass performance in-room. Quantity is not a problem, my Infinite Baffle sub puts out enough to shake the house to its foundations, but seat-to-seat response could be more even. Per research, a sub in the front middle (where the IB is) and a companion in the middle rear, balanced and EQd, should provide a significantly more balanced response.

Back