Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Modifying the Odyssey crossover - my adventure

Banned

And the finished product, with Cardas jumpers and CLX power cords (bass attenuation box currently shorted out)...

Name:  IMG_5287-2.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  43.9 KB

Great thread. My 8" needs replacement. (On of them).
    Changinge the woofer is not an option ? (Just use the original one).

Power modification has not been mentioned. Is this something to consider for modification as well ?

Hi Guys,
    Having been inspired by your mods, I too did some tweaking on the Xover overall yes much improved over stock.
    less sibilance more clearer into the window of sound. I've also bypass the caps with 0.01 TRT caps which brought
    further improvement. Overall it sounds even more cohesive. Have an OT question though, regardless of which amp
    I've used, I've always noticed that the sound stage of my Odyssey is not wide everything appears in between the
    speakers but never outside speakers edge. Are you guys experiencing the same as well ? Already tried many speaker
    placement but none helped. Someone over at DiY suggested that I should use the Ascent crossover instead. Siting much
    better sound with wider sound stage

Thks

Are you aiming the panels as per ML instructions in the manual (flashlight method)?

Also some diffusion behind the speakers might improve the width of the sound field.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS View Post
    Are you aiming the panels as per ML instructions in the manual (flashlight method)?

Also some diffusion behind the speakers might improve the width of the sound field.
    Hi MPS

Yes I've diffusor installed, speakers are 5 ft from back wall & 6 ft away
    from the side walls.

Thks

hello 5 year old thread.. The owner has since long sold these and woofers are rare as hens teeth.. Not sure ML has them anymore..
    Martin Logan... Odyssey...Krell KSA 100s...Krell KRC3 Pre Amp...Krell Connect Media server/DAC
    My system here