System #407 (Summit X)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzr

Reaction score
Kev.

Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia

Summit X

5. Mods/Changes: None

OPPO BDP-95.

Plinius M8 Preamp.

Sanders Sound System Magtech Amp :p:rocker:

Wire World Silver Eclipse 6 interconnects.

Wire World Silver Eclipse 6 speaker cable.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I auditioned the Summit X's in Sydney & was absolutely hooked when the system charged up & started to blend after an hour or so with the Gryphon reference mono amp & cd transport with the uber Kharma speaker cables, at a rough guess, 50-60k worth, I mean who wouldn't like 'that'! Speakers now reside in my system that I'd price at half of the demo set-up & still sounds comparable.
Stereo1.jpg

Stereo.jpg

The last is a pic of the system before the upgrade, started in 95, all components were there by 00 bar the Plinius M8, added in 06 due to a fusion from lightening. Spent many many enjoyable hrs listening to this system, have listened to some atrociously priced systems too, the peach never falls far from the home tree.;)

Last edited:
Hi,

Your Summit-X's are covered with the factory bag on your picture. Was it „accidental” or do you always cover them between two listening sessions? I know that ESL's shall be kept as dust-free as possible, but I listen them almost every day, do you think that covering them for max. 48 h is advisable?

Last edited:
Hi,

Your Summit-X's are covered with the factory bag on your picture. Was it „accidental” or do you always cover them between two listening sessions? I know that ESL's shall be kept as dust-free as possible, but I listen them almost every day, do you think that covering them for max. 48 h is advisable?

Hi Domchuck, the bags are no accident, I live in a coal mining community where the dust is really bad & as we usually leave the slider open when we're home i cover them when not in use.
Stereo2.jpg

OK, I understand now.
I live at the limit of the city, but close to a forest, with no major industrial site nearby, I think the air is quite good here.
When you put the bag on, do you unplug your Summits, or can they stay at idle/stand-by?

Yeah I cover mine too. I live in dry dusty Nevada haha and I have a Cockatiel and she makes an extraordinary amount of dust for such a small animal haha.

I just shuttered at the thought of that. Good thing she isn't that graceful and coordinated so she would just run into them hahaha

the upgrades...all Wire World Silver Eclipse 6 cables, MOON P7 RS preamp.

NEWMOON.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I have been on a journey, a wonderful sounding journey & am enjoying my music very much. The upgrades since the above pic are as follows:
MBPro/ssd, MSB Diamond DAC IV, MSB S200 amp & a QOL. The synergy between the MSB gear is phenomenal to the point of a lovely warm & very detailed sound, couple that with the QOL, which opens the soundstage horizontally & vertically to an almost amphitheatre sound & all is well. Replaced all pc's with Shunyata Zitron Cobra as well.

MYMSB3.jpg

MYMSB2.jpg

Back