Aerius I Mod

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twocupsofbutter

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have seen a few threads on this model and mods , they were all old so I wanted to seer if anyone can help me .

I want to change the caps and coils

I dont know what voltage caps I need to get . I have seen a few people that bypass the caps and I am not sure which of these might benefit from this .

I guess what I am trying to do is upgrade these to make them sound a little better .

so here is what I am planning on so far

1. caps and coils
2.internal signal wire (not sure what size or type yet)
3. bypassing screw type connection and go direct .

Might use silver solder for this , is silver solder that much better and what bfrand type would be the best value?

Lastly

does anyone have pictures of their previous mod to the so I can see internals , the pictures from the other posts are not there due to age.

I will be running a pair of high power Tube Monos (Stereo Knight M-100) on them

Thanks for everyones help

Following up on this

Which should be by passed and what value?
Which should be upgraded?

I plan on using Axon caps

thansk for the help

Try bypassing all of the electrolytic caps with 0.01uF polypropylene or polystyrene caps. The voltage should be the same as the electrolytics, or higher.

I tried replacing one of the caps in my SL3's with a Black Gate cap. It made no difference, but I have had luck with Black Gates in a DAC - huge difference.

BTW, looking at your handle: are you a chef ......or a fan of Paula Dean ?

So replace all the Electros with .01 Polys...got it

what about replacing polys just replace with same value? or should I go with a different value?

What brand caps are most people using?

I have not cracked the speakers open yet to see whats is in there and how many I need.

How do you feel about replacing coils?

I am no chef and not sure who Paula is .

I just picked the name for humor sake and I knew no one else would have it.

:eek:

I did not say replace all electros with 0.01 polys; DO NOT DO THAT! What I said was bypass (connect in parallel) the polys with the electros (whether or not you replace the electros). This is supposed to improve the high frequency response.

I'm a serious cook/baker, hence the question. Paula Dean is a Food Network chef from down South who is well-known for her love of butter.

Last edited:
I have never replaced coils, but do a search, as others have, and have posted pictures.

The only person I know of here who has done listening tests on inductors is Justin (User211), so you may want to PM him for more info.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back