1-2 blown tweeters in ML Theater speaker. :(

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolfin

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know an aftermarket replacement for blown tweeters in a ML theater speaker? Just figured I'd check here before I contacted ML.

Thanks in advance!

A question I would have is: why are you blowing the tweeters?

Typically, blown tweeters are signs of insufficient power to that channel. But a Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. should have plenty of power.

Are you over-driving it maybe? When does the failure happen, during movies?

A question I would have is: why are you blowing the tweeters?

Typically, blown tweeters are signs of insufficient power to that channel. But a Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. should have plenty of power.

Are you over-driving it maybe? When does the failure happen, during movies?

I am the second owner of this particular ML theater. I can't speak for how it was used/abused prior but this speaker went through hell and back and was at one time in several pieces after fedex "dropped" it off of a truck (more than once). It went through ML support by way of Jim Power to get returned to OEM condition... main case was replaced, one tweeter was replaced at the time as well (I assume previous user was the one feeding it with an inferior amp). I think the other two tweeters finally gave up the ghost. They're not crackling or making any horrible noises, they're just not playing at all... dead.

Back