Phono pre-amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordovox

Reaction score
Hello again,

Is anyone familiar with the ASR Mini Basis phono preamp??

Any opinions / advices will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time

Best regards

One of the members here (Raygun), used to have one as I recall. If I'm correct he was really enamored with it. You might send him a PM to see what he says, he doesn't post very frequently(kind of like me of late I'm afraid to say).

Since you already have an SFL-1 have you thought about trying to track down an SFP-1? That's the setup I used to run and it was very synergistic as you might expect.

Thanks Tim

I'll send a PM to Raygun for his opinion.

I have been checking on the SF, but cannot find any 2nd hand. Like you say, joined with the SFL 1 they could get a nice set, but I don't think it will be easy to find one.

Eventually in Canada or in the US, but then, I might have the problem of it being shipped overseas...

But as I have a sister living in Toronto, it might be somewhat easier...

Thanks for your suggestion Tim.

Take care

David

Hey there,
I know that this post is pretty stale now, but I am not here as frequently as I used to be.
I did have an ASR Mini Basis and I also had it upgraded to the Mini Basis Exclusive. I am therefore familiar with both.
I actually just sold it a month ago and replaced it with a new tube unit from a startup company that is quite impressive, the Zesto Audio Andros PS1.

Anyway, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the mini basis.

Cheers,
Ray

Last edited:
Back