Convenient furniture sliders for positioning speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
For those of you using ML's with spikes on carpet, you know what a pain it is to reposition them. In the past, I temporarily slid (foam-topped) plastic furniture sliders under the spikes, but their sharp points deformed and eventually penetrated the soft plastic surface. I recently found these "tap on" Super Sliders by Waxman, which work far better! Despite their small cross-sectional area, they easily slide even on medium pile carpet, and the centered steel "taps" anchor the spikes, and keep them from perforating the plastic bottom. Very easy to pop on and remove once the speakers are in their final position. I suspect they'd work equally well on wood or tile floors.

BTW, using a laser measure for precisely aligning your speakers within 1/4" relative to your sweet spot really makes a huge difference with soundstage and tonality!

Sliders (Small).JPG

Last edited:
That actually seems useful. The last time I moved my bed I actually tore up the carpet pretty bad. I wish I had those before hand, it would have made things a lot easier.

Now that I'm slowly "tweaking" the position of my new Expressions (with wood flooring), I found these small felt sliders that work great with the rubber feet. Much better than the large furniture sliders I was previously using. I can now spend days "experimenting" with their position, without large unsightly pads, then remove the sliders once finalized.

https://www.amazon.com/SuperSliders...3681&sr=8-1&keywords=supersliders+formed+felt

Last edited:
Now that I'm slowly "tweaking" the position of my new Expressions (with wood flooring), I found these small felt sliders that work great with the rubber feet. Much better than the large furniture sliders I was previously using. I can now spend days "experimenting" with their position, without large unsightly pads, then remove the sliders once finalized.

https://www.amazon.com/SuperSliders...3681&sr=8-1&keywords=supersliders+formed+felt

Sounds good! I've been experimenting since my hardwood flooring went down. It's time to pull out my calibration microphone and see how well I can optimize the frequency response while keeping my stereo image nice.

Back