Thread: Convenient furniture sliders for positioning speakers

Default Convenient furniture sliders for positioning speakers

For those of you using ML's with spikes on carpet, you know what a pain it is to reposition them. In the past, I temporarily slid (foam-topped) plastic furniture sliders under the spikes, but their sharp points deformed and eventually penetrated the soft plastic surface. I recently found these "tap on" Super Sliders by Waxman, which work far better! Despite their small cross-sectional area, they easily slide even on medium pile carpet, and the centered steel "taps" anchor the spikes, and keep them from perforating the plastic bottom. Very easy to pop on and remove once the speakers are in their final position. I suspect they'd work equally well on wood or tile floors.

BTW, using a laser measure for precisely aligning your speakers within 1/4" relative to your sweet spot really makes a huge difference with soundstage and tonality!

Name:  Sliders (Small).JPG
Views: 447
Size:  72.2 KB
    Last edited by sleepysurf; 08-15-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: clarification

Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Very nice tip thanks for sharing it.

That actually seems useful. The last time I moved my bed I actually tore up the carpet pretty bad. I wish I had those before hand, it would have made things a lot easier.

Now that I'm slowly "tweaking" the position of my new Expressions (with wood flooring), I found these small felt sliders that work great with the rubber feet. Much better than the large furniture sliders I was previously using. I can now spend days "experimenting" with their position, without large unsightly pads, then remove the sliders once finalized.

https://www.amazon.com/SuperSliders-...rs+formed+felt
    Last edited by sleepysurf; 10-03-2016 at 06:53 PM.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Now that I'm slowly "tweaking" the position of my new Expressions (with wood flooring), I found these small felt sliders that work great with the rubber feet. Much better than the large furniture sliders I was previously using. I can now spend days "experimenting" with their position, without large unsightly pads, then remove the sliders once finalized.

https://www.amazon.com/SuperSliders-...rs+formed+felt
    Sounds good! I've been experimenting since my hardwood flooring went down. It's time to pull out my calibration microphone and see how well I can optimize the frequency response while keeping my stereo image nice.
    Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears