Rmaf 2011

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Anyone interested in attending? Joyce and I will be there this year, as long as no other family member takes a bad turn. The dates for the event are October 14 - 16 this year. We will be staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites and recommend it over staying at the host hotel, as you will actually be able to sleep at night! The address for the hotel is 5001 South Ulster St. and it's a very short walk to the Marriott. The contact number is 800-230-4134. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Attendees:
Steve and Joyce

I am seriously considering heading out with a friend of mine, the only problem being that my anniversary is on the 12th. Gotta figure out how to swing that one. lol. Is this event really big enough / busy enough to need 2+ days to get through? Would I be terribly upset at only being able to spend one day there?

I'll be in Vegas in September, and Orlando in October. So I won't be able to make it out this year. Bummer.

I am seriously considering heading out with a friend of mine,... Would I be terribly upset at only being able to spend one day there?

You just won't be able to see it all, but you should still have a great time. I suggest you plan ahead, in order to choose which vendors/rooms you want to see.

I'll be in Vegas in September, and Orlando in October. So I won't be able to make it out this year. Bummer.

Have fun Rich. Ah, Orlando. I lived there in the late '60's, pre-Disney. Everyone seemed to have a lake behind their house, after all, it is the city of a thousand lakes. We used to water ski almost daily, it seemed. I remember the fragrance of the orange blossoms permeating the air. My first car, girls, the trips to the Keys, girls, canoeing Florida's waterways, girls, speedboats and skiing, girls. I was even the Orlando "Youth of the Year" when I was sixteen (1968). Life was good. Then, when I was seventeen, my father retired and we moved to Newton, Iowa. Cold, dreary Iowa. Moral? Enjoy Orlando while you're there!

Rich, while in Orlando you think you may have a little time to stop by Tampa and visit a couple of systems? Tampa is about a hour away.

Rich, while in Orlando you think you may have a little time to stop by Tampa and visit a couple of systems? Tampa is about a hour away.

I won't be able to this time, George. My wife has us on a pretty tight schedule, and we are actually going from Orlando to the other coast to visit with an old friend of hers for a few days. Maybe next time. My kid is only turning four now, so I am sure we will be back.

Ouch! That's a helluva wake-up call!

I'll say! Brrr, it was cold in the Winter there. Where Orlando was the city of a thousand lakes, Newton's claim to fame was that it was the home of Maytag. Woohoo. Me, I went from water skiing to high school wrestling. While driving one day, I picked up two hitch hiking hippies and took them about 50 miles down the road heading east. When I asked them where they were going they said, "We're going to Woodstock man. You wanna go?" I'm not sure, but I don't think I had even heard of Woodstock prior to picking them up.

Steve, add me to the list. Haven't missed one yet, don't plan to start now. I'll be doing my posts real time via my iPad same as last year. Group dinner anyone? Sandy and I have a new favorite place to eat that would be fun.

Steve, add me to the list. Haven't missed one yet, don't plan to start now. I'll be doing my posts real time via my iPad same as last year. Group dinner anyone? Sandy and I have a new favorite place to eat that would be fun.

A group dinner is one of the highlights of going to RMAF! We're definitely in.

List so far:
Steve and Joyce
Gordon
Tim

Cool... if your camera takes videos be nice to see a few.:)

Have a nice dinner & enjoy yourselves, chaps.

By the way... Martin Logan is on the list this year!

I really wished I planned for this trip. I love, love, love this show. It's so much fun.

Erik

Still haven't nailed down my Fall dates for Colorado yet.........my son is leading in points in his class (drag racing @ Bandimere) so I'll probly try an coordinate something around his last race date.

Latest posts

Back