Anti-spambot registration procedures - NEWBIES PLEASE READ

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Due to the high number of spam bots flooding the system with new registrations, I have been forced to MANUALLY confirm each and every new registration.

Some of the "red flags" I look for include the following:

• The IP address that is captured when you register is from India, yet the location you entered into your profile says Florida.
  • Your email address and user name is exactly the same.
  • The location you entered into your profile says London, but the timezone you entered is the Pacific Time zone.
  • You specify "uk" or "usa" as your location.
All of these things will make me question if you are a real person or not. If I have any doubts about it, I will reject your registration and you'll get an email saying that you don't meet the qualifications to become a member here at MLO.com.

So, for you real people who want to join this wonderful community, please fill out the registration form completely so I know you're a real person.

Thanks!

Tom.

Hey everyone,
Due to the high number of spam bots flooding the system with new registrations, I have been forced to MANUALLY confirm each and every new registration.

Some of the "red flags" I look for include the following:

• The IP address that is captured when you register is from India, yet the location you entered into your profile says Florida.
  • Your email address and user name is exactly the same.
  • The location you entered into your profile says London, but the timezone you entered is the Pacific Time zone.
  • You specify "uk" or "usa" as your location.
All of these things will make me question if you are a real person or not. If I have any doubts about it, I will reject your registration and you'll get an email saying that you don't meet the qualifications to become a member here at MLO.com.

So, for you real people who want to join this wonderful community, please fill out the registration form completely so I know you're a real person.

Thanks!

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Yes, I noticed that, because I was one of them that you refused.

But, as the same message recommends, I decide to give it a try once again. So, I'm in the MLO team just I wanted. Thank you for all Tom

Regards

Paulo

Looks like I may have worn out my welcome already. From my experience in moderating forums which use the vBulletin software, I'm pretty sure my posts are all ending up in the QuickMod area, probably because I joined and uploaded images. I think I'll give up and try again tomorrow.

Hello. It would appear that I have finally reached that age in life where my audio/video interests are going to take all my spare change, and then some. I've been using ML Motion speakers for years, and still love them. When it came time to upgrade my experience, I tried to find something to match that... And failed. I finally went all in and bought my first ESL. No regrets. The wow factor is so imensely more than what I expected... Even with my very basic system. Now I'm hooked.... More please.

LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back