Florence + The Machine: Lungs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Artist: Florence + The Machine
Title: Lungs
Year of Release: 2009
Record Label: Island Records
Genre: Pop / Alternative

I saw this artist perform on "So You Think You Can Dance" last week and immediately bought the CD. WOW. The first track, "Dog Days Are Over" starts out with what sounds like a mandolin strumming and alternating between the right and left channels. Then Florence starts singing.. The only way I can describe her is a cross between Siouxie Sioux, Imogen Heap and Annie Haslam. INCREDIBLE!

Of course she's from the UK. How come you guys don't give us a heads-up on artists like this? Cmon already.. We're stuck with Lady Gag-Gag!! HELP! ;-)

I'll write more after I listen to the CD some more. LOVE IT SO FAR.

Attachments

• Lungs_FatM.jpg
    Lungs_FatM.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 832
Yes, good stuff indeed, I had mentioned this CD in the Sunday Morning Music thread a few months back.

Lungs is a good Album, but the second studio album Ceremonials takes things to whole new level of artistry. The collection of songs is far better (apart from 2 writen by Florence herself!) the musical arragements are stunning, with some breath taking vocals and backing vocals. Florence has also recorded an outstanding track on the Snow White and the Huntsman soundtrack album which is worth seeking out.

Back