McIntosh MEN220 or Lyngdorf RP-1/DPA-1 room correction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC-Audiophile

Reaction score
I have been reading with interest about several products based on the Lyngdorf RoomPerfect room correction system which is implemented in the company's RP-1 processor, DPA-1 preamp/processor and licensed to other manufacturers, like McIntosh for their MEN220.

I know we are all continually looking for optimum ways to balance our systems and optimize the sound of our speakers within the confines of our homes. Many of us have experimented with various room treatment alternatives.

I'm curious since we have lots of McIntosh owners in the group if anybody has had an opportunity to evaluate the MEN220 and what the effects are on ML speakers.

Look forward to replies based on actual experience. Not really interested in conjecture.

Regards,
DC-Audiophile

DC, our member Ron owned and used a MEN220, but has since moved on to the the multi-channel MX150. If he doesn't respond to this thread, shoot him a PM and I'm sure he would be happy to share his experiences. A few of us use the kissing cousin TacT 2ch preamp and, speaking for myself, I've found the experience revelatory and wouldn't do without it, even in a well-treated room.

Having said this, what are you trying to achieve - Bass only correction or full FR? Correction optimized for a single seat or multiple? Simple, one size fits all or maximum flexibility to correct for the unfortunate variability in recordings? Depending upon your goals, some solutions may be better than others.

/Ken

Last edited:
The MEN220 works very will with Martin Logan Speakers. The biggest thing I noticed was the improvement on the base. Much cleaner sound. No heavy muddy sound. It also allows me to keep my speakers in an area that is not in the perfect location. One of my clx's is about one foot from the side wall where there is a 16' sliding glass door. The other speaker has no side wall and opens up to a large area. The balance is still perfect. I was able to return it and exchange it for the MX150. Much added dollars. I use it for 2 channel and home theater. It handles all my speakers and subwoofer. Home theater, and 2 channel never sounded better.

Back