Went gear shopping today...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hocky

Reaction score
I was having some issues with some of my gear after some of the storms that went rolling through a couple of weeks ago (unplug your stuff!!!!) and got out to go shopping today. I picked up some new parts to upgrade current stuff - mains to Summit X, my processor to a Marantz AV7005, added a Parasound amp to run rears, and most awesomely, my subwoofer to a JL F212. Woot. No real pictures yet - it'll be a couple of weeks wait for the F212 and Parasound amp. I am going to be itching. Two nasty 12's power by 3000 watts? Ship it! I am going to need more electricity in this room now for sure. And weighing in at like 250lbs, it is going to be a bitch to place.

On a side note - working with ML customer service has been an incredible experience so far. I have taken apart the speakers to find the damaged parts and got them a list. My Summits have no warranty as I am the second owner and they're out of warranty by date, but ML is still covering some part cost for me and being very helpful. Much appreciated, guys! Thanks! When I get back up and running, I am going to take a long, hard listen of Summit vs Summit X and sell whichever pair I decide to part with based on $/performance.

I picked up some new parts to upgrade current stuff - mains to Summit X, my processor to a Marantz AV7005, added a Parasound amp to run rears, and most awesomely, my subwoofer to a JL F212. Woot. No real pictures yet - it'll be a couple of weeks wait for the F212 and Parasound amp. I am going to be itching. Two nasty 12's power by 3000 watts? Ship it! I am going to need more electricity in this room now for sure. And weighing in at like 250lbs, it is going to be a bitch to place.

Congrats to Christmas in July!

I've been extremely happy with my JL F112 and I'm sure the F212 will be awesome!

Unloading that sub was some work! Luckily I had a friend to help out, I am pretty confident it would've been impossible for me to even place it alone, let alone unload it from the truck. Got everything up and running and the good news is that I have enough electricity! lol. This sub is great - totally effortless, great definition, great slam, and just tons of clean++ output. All that you would expect, I guess. I don't think it is quite as visually appealing as the descent (and it actually makes the Summit X's look kinda puny.... lol), but I'll take the trade off. I ended up returning the Parasound amp because it killed a channel in about a day and just took the cheap route and picked up an emotiva 2 channel amp. It is actually pretty nice quality and works very well for the rears. Now to shop for a new center channel.....

Justin and the cats saying wtf - get this thing out already!

IMG_20110715_121.jpg

Unboxed and sitting behind the Summit X. This was optimal position for the old sub, but may or may not be for this one. I will experiment more, but need to order a ~20ft XLR cable to do so. Don't mind my wires laying all over the room. lol

IMG_20110715_127.jpg

IMG_20110715_130.jpg

Summits and Decent looking for attention at the rear of the room. lol

IMG_20110715_133.jpg

great picture with the little guy there... something about the angle of the shot makes it looks as though he's gracefully and effortlessly moving a very large high-mass object across the carpet. :)

and congrats... your system is really coming together nicely.

great picture with the little guy there... something about the angle of the shot makes it looks as though he's gracefully and effortlessly moving a very large high-mass object across the carpet. :)

and congrats... your system is really coming together nicely.

haha, thanks. :)

Great setup. What size is your screen.

It is the 73". I wanted the 82", but just didn't have the wall space (as you can see). I really need a wider room.

Back