Vista update

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
So far one speakers led go's intermittant now I realize am getting lower output when that happens (did'ent notice in begining). They completely outdo the Maggies in every department sorry I did not make the change sooner.............. Will call Audiobreakthroughs after the holiday.

Everybody out here have a Great 4th of July! :D

Bill

Bill...glad you happy with the Vista's, Maggies MG1.7 was the other speaker I was looking at but from what your impressions are, you more happy with ML

btw still waiting for my Vista's....seems forever for them to get here

and happy 4th July for you

Dan

Now the intermittant speaker ifs fully gone ( stat only)
When I get the new pair thinking of fabricating some sort of 6-8in stand for them. I also hear that Sound Anchor will make custom stands if you give them the dimentions. I kinda miss the 6ft height of the maggies. So far alot of guys dont like the the 1.7's have you heard them? I have seen people get rid of them almost right away......hope yours show up soon. keep in touch

Last edited:
When I get the new pair thinking of fabricating some sort of 6-8in stand for them. I also hear that Sound Anchor will make custom stands if you give them the dimentions. I kinda miss the 6ft height of the maggies. So far alot of guys dont like the the 1.7's have you heard them? I have seen people get rid of them almost right away......hope yours show up soon keep in touch

Did not hear the MG 1.7 but owned the MG 1.6 about 4 years ago so you telling me that they out do the Maggies make me hopeful I made the right choice

At least in this room the 1.6 was sluggish & not as detailed maybe a little more romantic than the ML...I am already hearing things (no shrink requiried) espicially in percussive instruments..

Hola Bill. I spoke with Dana and he told me he sent to you a troubleshooting...is this correct?... a little hint, you can adjust the front spikes two or three turns, making the Vistas more lean to their back...and tell us what happened. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Have not recieved the instructions from Dana as of yet. Yes I maxed out the front spikes did change the height a bit.
Thanx again Roberto

Roberto

They have been on for about 3 days now, I am hearing a bit more continuity between the woofer & stat.
Two non audiophile friends have stopped by & mentioned that the bass is better than the 1.6 also said they notice more detail.
I am clearly hearing more detail and ambiance on percussive instruments and small ensemble recordings.
Ques? Do you know what is the surface mounted button on the p/s brd. does? I wish I could still get the schematics.

Thanx
Bill

Bill. at the begining, play most solo instrument, like piano, guitar...or jazz trios or quartetes...less musicians playing...why? Break in time last about 100 hours...but the first 20 hours make a dramatic change for good. Less agresive highs, prolongs the 3D image...the sound stage is more open and can be shared with your friends...of course, the center is the sweet spot... the blend with the bass-panel is less pronounced and the woofer integration with the panel is just right!. At 50, the bass is more robust and deeper. At 80 hours the blend is like magic!...100 hours is heaven!. Crystal clear highs, the right timbre for wind instruments like clarinet or oboe. The cello is payed with heart! and you do not need a lot of volume to have all your house full of music. The piano becomes more dramatic with the right hand vs left hand, cymbals are in the air with the drummer, and the full body of any instrument is played there...in your own place. I am not saying that there are not other brands that perform like ML, what I am saying is, that you have one of the most versatil and well done product for your enjoying listening pleasure!.
R.

Hahahahaha, you are fooling me for sure!... the truth is that I am like you Bernard, we do like a lot what we listen from the window of music through our speakers, right?:bowdown:

Now the intermittant speaker ifs fully gone ( stat only)
When I get the new pair thinking of fabricating some sort of 6-8in stand for them. I also hear that Sound Anchor will make custom stands if you give them the dimentions. I kinda miss the 6ft height of the maggies. So far alot of guys dont like the the 1.7's have you heard them? I have seen people get rid of them almost right away......hope yours show up soon. keep in touch

I had a similar issue with my Vantage. I didn't want so much music at my knees. I raised it a couple of inches by using spikes and a subdudeHD. Though not 6"-8"..more like 4" total (or there abouts - I could measure if you really want to know).

Helped me kill 2 birds with one stone as it also decouples the speaker from wood floors.

Hahahahaha, you are fooling me for sure!... the truth is that I am like you Bernard, we do like a lot what we listen from the window of music through our speakers, right?:bowdown:
Roberto, I was not fooling you, but yes, we do like a lot what we hear through our speakers.....the window on the performance.

Back