ML Quest or Prodigy ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PartTimeJedi

I have the potential to buy a pair of Quests (new panels) or Prodigys My room is 13ftx19ft. Can I have views on the better speaker. In some ways due to the panel size and the single structure the Quest has some major positives in my view but I will not be able to hear either. Any views would be great. Thanks

I owned and loved the Quest but IMO the Prodigy is a better speaker. Your room is a tad small but if you can get the speakers (either model) well into the room you will be happy. Find a ML manual (available on thier site) and use the formula they recommend as an initial placement for ML speakers.

I haven't personally hear either but the Prodigy is top of the line (aka Summit of the past). If you have enough space in the room, I'd choose the Prodigy no question!

As a long time owner of Prodigies I highly recommend them, when I got the upgrade bug I listened to a lot of speakers including the Summit, it took the CLX to part with the Prods.

Definitely the Prodigy is a step up from the Quests... Have you ever seen them in person? OMG. The bass cabinet is MASSIVE and extends back quite a ways. Quest bass cabinets are puny, in comparison and for that reason, I'd say the Quests would be easier to live with long-term, but the Prodigys are the ones I'd get, if given the choice of just the two. Both models are wonderful and require serious amplification to really make them sing.

Good Luck!

Prodigy is the way to go! My dad has had them for 10 years and they still amaze me. But as stated above, get really good amps.

Prodigy all the way. Those were what got me to really appreciate the ML sound. It was a pair of Prodigy powered by a Musical Fidelity 308 stack. The source was old school vinyl. It was amazing. :)

As an update. I know nearly all of you said go for the Prodigy's, I saw the size of that bass bin (2 x10s) and well... I went for the Quest due to the 1 x12inch bass drive unit and the slightly bigger panel. I got my hands on a refurbished black pair. Lovely big sound underpinned with nice bass. They are not as integrated (panel to bass) as my previous SL3's but I forget that when I hear the tall wide soundstage. I will post pictures once the Bryston 28BSST2s arrive.

Back