There's a new sheriff in town, and it's not a ML?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2beornot2bop

Reaction score
What's new in audio reproduction in your area?

Anything new in your area of the world?

Last edited:
I went on the website and they do not list these speakers.
Is the website not up to date or did I have the wrong one?
Can you post a link to the website? Thanks they look very interesting kind of like the Emerald Physics but with a Heil instead of a horn more to my liking.

I have spent several hrs in front of his older designs at AK fest here in MI. Darrel not only is as nice as it gets his wife makes the best Cookies you ever had. The newer ribbon design is something I have not heard yet. I can attest to my liking of this design(His older version) and even talked to Darrel about the sound being CLS like . I was going to do some in house testing at one time but whirlwinds in life called for times of change and thats another story. They are much more refined in designs the new ribbons I bet sound wonderful. The Auggies were great at mid bass and went low with deep bass as the open baffle design sure is clean and not boomy but yet tight. They look gorgeous. I bet they would look great in Walnut. Kudos to Darrel for bettering his designs. To bad we did not have a AK fest here this year. I would love to hear them .

so do these require outboard active EQ like the somewhat similar Emerald Physics offerings? I'm a fan of the open baffle design too and find these most intriguing!

Hi 2B,

What's an OB?

So I assume you are saying that this product, in your opinion, equals or wipes the Summit X at 1/2th the current retail price.

If so, that would be incredible.

They do look well made and offer some theoretical advantages regarding their design.

No offense intended but I assume there are no conflicts of interest regarding this product.

GG

Last edited:
Gordon, they do look well-made, but visually I can't see myself buying a pair to go in my living room. I would have no problem with the CLX OTOH, had I the shekels, as I like the look of the CLX.

Bernard,

Many years ago I heard a speaker (two CES shows) made by "Audio Artistry". Similar open baffle design with separate bass modules.

I still recall how stunningly musical they were. Even under CES show conditions, their speed, transparency, and dimensionality where right up there with MBL's, Sound Labs, the Pipe Dream system, and Wisdom Audio.

If these do what 2B says they do at that price point, it would be a no brainer for me and the sonic bargain of the century.

Gordon

My bad Todd. I guess it was an omission because ML clearly falls into that category and I thought it would be preaching to the choir.

Question for 2B. Is HA going to be at RMAF?

Gordon

well, drop me a line next time you're up here - you pass by my house about 15 minutes away. The CLS are still in boxes from the move (as are the new frames and the replacement panels... but the Quad-57 are singing.

Back