CLS II owner ?'s

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2beornot2bop

Reaction score
How many of you CLS II owners were content NOT to have your speakers upgraded to the CLSiiz mod?

If so, for those who've listened to or owned both versions, what are your impressions of the II vs the iiz? I'm asking because I've previously owned two different pairs of iiz's and am now anticipating the arrival of a pair of CLS II's.

Is it true that the iiz or any other upgrade mod is NOT available via ML? And if that's true are there any electronic upgrade options available anywhere?

thanks in advanced.

happy listening!

2beornot2bop

I was a Martin Logan dealer back in the time of all of the CLS models. I sold, setup and owned every version of the CLS speaker. IMHO, again, IMHO the CLSIIA was the best of the bunch. This comes from many setups in my showroom, customer's houses and my own personal system. YMMV

I had both IIA & IIZ speakers set up side by side in my listening room. The IIA's had much more low end though I liked the IIz's more. As always it is a personal choice of the sound you are looking for.

Thx to all for the feedback. I've decided to pass on the CLSII's and holdout for a pair of IIz's to appear for sale...somewhere.

Back