Problem with new Sources. Please help!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajeshm

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Last Saturday I brought home a pair of new Sources...at an unbeleiveable price. Had to rent a van because we do not own a big enough vehicle to fit them:) beautiful music...albeit with muted lows as expected.
Now after less than week of operation, last evening, one of the speakers developed a problem...the electrostatic panel does not charge...the blue LED indicator does not come on either. The woofer works fine. Interchanged the DC adapters...no change in status. I do not want to return them...my music found new life with these speakers...and I do not want to rent a van again!!
Please help!
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Assume you've switched wires to make sure the problem is with that one speaker.

Sounds like a power supply board failure. Should be easy to fix.

Assuming you bought from an ML dealer, try for an exchange or have them confirm the issue and get the replacement part from ML.

Wouldn't worry too much. ML has a great track record for fixing problems.

GG

Thanks Gordon.
I tried every possible combination of DC cable, audio cable, amp/receiver output and the problem remains.
So I guess it may be the power board issue you mentioned. I bought them from Best(really good deal), so getting them to confirm with ML may not be a problem.
However, must add that the DC adapter is of VERY poor quality. Something I did not expect from ML.
Rajesh

Sounds very similar to the problem I had With my ElectroMotion ESL. It would seem that they are sensitive to vibration from transport sometimes as they do get shaken up quite a bit.

Got a new set sent to my dealer and problem solved! Everybody was super and ML took it seriously and made sure all was remedied in a hurry! Like I said, sometimes they get thrown around and ML's are a bit more fragile to shocks and vibrations. It also could of been a cold solder but who knows and what it all comes down to is that it is a problem easily solved. A pain in the rear I admit for something new but anything man made will have its faults and I know, I am a pilot!

Back